Position: Director, Sponsored Programs Finance Administration and Compliance (SPFAC)
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette, the largest member of the University of Louisiana System, is a public institution of higher education offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. With the Carnegie classification, UL Lafayette is designated as a Research University with high research activity and is dedicated to achieving excellence in education, research, and in public service.
Reporting to the Director of Operational Review within the Division of Administration and Finance, the Director of Sponsored Programs Finance Administration and Compliance is the key individual responsible for providing leadership, oversight and management of the Division's mission for the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Campus. The Director serves as a critical resource providing guidance and oversight on issues related to the fiscal, administrative and regulatory management of grants, contracts and sponsored programs from award receipt through closeout. This individual will serve as a leader in ensuring compliance, financial reporting and providing financial and administrative oversight to the sponsored program portfolio of the University. This position requires a significant emphasis on customer service, financial monitoring and forecasting, and an understanding and ability to interpret complex federal regulations and develop internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Provide vision, support and leadership on all matters related to post-award administration for SPFAC staff and the University community;
- Manage and supervise the workload and performance of SPFAC personnel;
- Act as a fiscal monitor, grant accounting expert, and post-award compliance authority;
- Review, establish, and monitor internal control process within SPFAC;
- Plan, develop, and implement training across a variety of post award administration topics for principal investigators;
- Report on sponsored program financial information as required or requested by the Louisiana Legislative Auditors and UL Lafayette administration;
- Ensure budgetary controls are established so awards are not exceeded;
- Develop analytical reports evaluating the grant portfolio or specific grant, contract accounting or finance issues;
- Liaison with auditors in connection with the annual OMB Circular A-133 audit;
- Coordinate with relevant University departments to ensure appropriate administrative and financial requirements are met;
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Finance, Accounting or related field required. Master's preferred;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in cost accounting, auditing and/or post award administration;
- Advanced knowledge of OMB Circulars (A-110, A-21, A-133) and National Science Foundation and other federal funding agency grant policies as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required;
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment for sponsored programs and an advanced understanding of compliance issues (i.e., conflict of interest, export controls, financial compliance, data security, etc.);
- Experience using financial accounting systems;
- Experience with financial budget analyses, forecasting, reporting, oversight monitoring for compliance with regulations and policies;
- Ability to understand long-term goals, and decipher financial implications of programmatic models, and the ability to frame results of financial and policy analysis in a clear, cogent and concise manner;
- Must be committed to ensuring professional, prompt and courteous service to Principal Investigators, Administrators and Sponsoring Agencies.
Review of applications will start immediately. Cover letter and resume should be mailed to:
Director, Operational Review
P. O. Box 41006
Lafayette, LA 70504
EEO# BO 3-12
HigherEdJobs - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard