Summary: Participates in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of Epic Bridges interfaces. Responsibilities include analysis of data, business owner interaction for discovery and testing. It also includes documentation of requirements, building and maintaining mapping tables, development, testing, implementation and support Bridges interfaces. Functions as a technical resource to other EIS staff and the EIS Help Desk. Is required to be on-call on a rotating schedule.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Major medical center in metropolitan area. Non-profit. EOE.
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent.
- Current Epic Bridges certification required (2008 or 2009 versions), experience with clinical interfaces preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with computer technology in a multi-platform environment and 2 years experience with Epic Bridges technology.
- Understanding of healthcare applications and terminology, patient care environments, and service needs and priorities of patient care personnel preferred.
- Ability to search out solutions and approaches to problems associated with the delivery of information in a patient care or hospital business environment.
- Practical experience with gathering data requirements, documentation of these requirements, creation of Epic Bridges mapping tables, creation and maintenance of Epic Bridges interfaces.
- Expertise with Epic Bridges interfaces includes the documentation, design, building, testing, implementation and support of Epic Bridges interfaces.
- General working knowledge of enterprise interface engines, AIX, FTP processes, Cache, HL7, ANSI X12 and Epic Chronicles.
- Competent with mainstream office automation, project management, presentation, and communications tools.
- Self-motivated, creative, highly organized, with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively.
- Flexible and adaptable, functions well as a team player, remains calm and cheerful under stressful conditions, is comfortable working with diverse skill sets and personalities.
- Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
- Above average oral, written and presentation skills.
Cedars-Sinai has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders. We were named to the Honor Roll in the...