External Job Desc
Mitchell International, Inc. is the leading provider of enterprise data, software and eBusiness solutions for the automotive insurance, collision repair, medical claims and glass replacement industries. Founded in 1946, Mitchell has delivered advanced information and technology solutions to over 100,000 customers throughout North America and Canada with over 137 product titles, helping them to improve their business process performance. The company's comprehensive solution portfolio streamlines the entire auto physical damage, bodily injury and workers' compensation claims processes.
Mitchell was recently named by the San Diego Business Journal as the No. 1 Software Company in San Diego, based on the number of full-time employees, which is approaching the 1,700 milestone. The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including outstanding career growth opportunities and has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in San Diego.
Mitchell’s Professional Service Consultant is a detail oriented, client facing and self motivated team member. You will act in a Project Management role implementing new modules into SmartAdvisor (one of Mitchell’s successful products). Some of the modules which will be implemented are: insurance bill review system, Claims Examiner Portal (CEP), Capstone decision process, SmartReports, eBilling, ePayment, State Reporting, and other modules.
Additionally you will help manage the implementations on the life cycle for SmartAdvisor. The decisions you will make in this role will impact client success as well as division revenue. You will manage consulting projects that will include a variety of business components such as work comp bill review application, Electronic Data Interface (EDI) integration, and Business Intelligence (BI).
Successful individuals will manage client implementation projects including:
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead project team through the complete project lifecycle: Define, Design, Develop and Deploy
- Lead technical team through relevant phases of project lifecycle
- Clearly articulate project roles and responsibilities
- Maintain project scope, deliverables and timelines
- Manage and facilitate co-ordination between different multi-disciplinary teams involved in overall engagement (Client, Partners, Internal resources)
- Identification of user requirements
- Follow up on project milestones and report progress/success
- Provide ongoing, detailed tracking, analysis, and resolution of project issues and risks
- Overall delivery quality to ensure client satisfaction
- Develop long tern relationships with lead clients
- Manage utilization, project revenue, and cost budget as applicable
- Deliver successful implementation projects
- Mentor/development junior staff
- Representation and scoping for new business opportunities throughout the sales process
- Proposal development, RPF responses
- Create system and program specifications
- Devise and execute solutions to system problems
- Assist in devising problem statements and proposed solutions to system related problems and issues
- Review and analyze system issues, problems and processes and develop concise and accurate problem statements
Technical Skills and Experience:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or at least a minimum three to five years’ experience in a similar position
- 5-10 years total professional experience to include a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in information technology.
- Research, analysis, development, testing and client implementation experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing both fixed price and time and materials engagements.
- Proven success utilizing a structured delivery methodology. - Demonstrated success working in a team based environment.
- Successful experience maintaining effective working relationships with client management and leadership.
- Excellent written (documentation / specification writing) and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Experience with process improvement, information systems and financial management aspects of business. - Previous experience developing junior staff and conducting project reviews.
- Insurance Bill Review knowledge (Revenue, Procedure Code and Fee Schedule knowledge).
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully both independently and within the structure of a team.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team management skills
- Project Management Experience is a plus
- MS SQL DB Admin experience a plus
- Willingness / ability to travel up 25-50% dependent on client requirments, location, and project phase
- Resource that can work East Coast Time Zone to support east coast clients
- Late night and weekend hours as necessary to complete project tasks
Written Abilities: Proficient grammar, sentence structure and written communication skills.
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our work force and the knowledge of our people.
Mitchell International, Inc. - 14 months ago
Mitchell International, Inc. empowers clients to achieve measurably better outcomes. Providing unparalleled breadth of technology, connectiv...