Posting Title Sr. Systems Engineer (Pre-sales) Indianapolis, IN About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Job Description The VMware Systems Engineer plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions to surpassing our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned “named” accounts. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
This position will be focused on strategic accounts in the region.
- 8+ years experience in technology related work, including roles in Pre-sales and/or customer-facing Consultant
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong listening and question based selling skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
- Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, and business continuity solutions a plus
- Ability to travel as necessary
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- Present VMware value proposition to customers and partners
- Understand the customer's high-level business challenges
- Match VMware solutions to customer's business and technical requirements
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each named account, across all lines of business
- Sell professional services consistently as part of a total solution
- Define and implement a solution oriented go-to-market strategy for each named account to ensure technical adoption of VMware solutions
- Build and leverage strong OEM and partner relationships
- Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Drive the adoption of VMware solutions within strategic accounts moving current installations from departmental to enterprise
- Mentor other systems engineers
At VMware, your On-Target Earnings are real, not virtual. We offer a competitive base salary plus a monthly commission which is tied directly to your team’s quota attainment. Of course, given our growth, many of our teams surpass quota and enjoy the benefits of a plan that includes commission accelerators.
The flexibility of being “home-office” based; all new, top of the line hardware; quick and comprehensive expense reporting and reimbursement; company sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage; equity program; 401K match; profit sharing; employee stock purchase program (ESPP); and 3 weeks of PTO plus holidays for all new employees. Location Indianapolis, IN, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? Yes
Requisition Number 37912BR
VMware - 2 years ago
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...