LDS Hospital Medical Telemetry Unit provides the best clinical practices in an environment of caring and healing. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our nursing staff to assist with providing care for a broad spectrum of diagnoses. You will improve your critical thinking skills while caring for your patients.
The Patient Care Assistant is a vital part of the patient care team providing care and comfort to patients and families under the direction of the nursing staff. In this position you will be able to utilize and develop your clinical skills to ensure a positive patient experience.
As a CNA/Patient Care Assistant you will assist with providing care for patients with pulmonary, renal, gastrointestinal, heart failure, circulatory, diabetes, and other acute diagnoses. This is a very dynamic, fast paced unit. The Medical Telemetry unit is a great place to develop skills and clinical expertise in a variety of areas.
1. Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, fresh water and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
2. Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
3. Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
4. Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports changes in the patient condition quickly, and secures qualified assistance as needed.
1. Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
2. Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
3. Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc.
4. Implements plan of care as delegated.
5. Performs assigned duties within scope of practice and performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards. Fosters a safe environment by complying with the safety policy and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
Entry Rate $ 10.08
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a Full time, Day shift position which requires rotating weekends. (Day shift hours are 7:00 am to 7:30 p.m.)
Department: LDS Hospital - Medical Telemetry
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Certification OR current enrollment in an accredited nursing school with successful completion of first clinical rotation
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 pounds unassisted, be on your feet for entire shift including walking, pulling, pushing, twisting.
- Must be able to transfer and position patients independently and safely
- Six or more months experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant
- Six or more months experience as a Tele Tech
- Basic computer skills
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...