Performs basic clerical duties using word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software; uses specialty department software and performs department specific tasks; interacts effectively with members; solves problems within job scope.
Complete forms and transfer data from one form to another when necessary.
Enter data in Access databases, online databases/websites, and/or Excel spreadsheets.
• Run established reports from Access databases.
• Use specialty department software and perform department specific tasks.
• Identify and solve problems or mistakes within job scope.
• Maintain department supplies as needed (count, sort, restock, order).
• Provide assistance with event planning.
• Organize and prioritize duties to meet work demands.
• Greet members and answer general questions.
• Perform responsible cash handling when applicable.
• Schedule or cancel appointments using appropriate computer programs when applicable.
• Other duties as assigned.
High School or GED
• Knowledge of basic English
• Accuracy with grammar & spelling
• Knowledge of basic math
• Basic Microsoft Office skills; must pass basic PC skills test.
• Ability to type 6,000 keystrokes/minute
• Working knowledge of health plan coverage types
• Ability to read and follow instructions, and write short correspondence.
• Demonstrate professional conduct, dealing courteously, tactfully, and patiently with members, physicians, co-workers, and visitors.
• Professional phone etiquette.
• Ability to multi-task, organize, manage time and prioritize workflow in a complex environment
• Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
Ability to apply knowledge of department policies and procedures, and utilize a general understanding of other departments' functions.
• Must pass medical terminology test when applicable.
Must be willing to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Skills testing: Typing (6,000 keystrokes/minute), PC Skills
Kaiser Permanente - 30+ days ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...