Allied Building Products
Branch Location: OH Cleveland (CLEV-2014)
Job Requisition ID: 19495
Job Type: Outside Sales
Work Time: Regular
As an Outside Sales Representative for Allied Building Products, you will acquire new business by developing strong customer relationships, maintaining an active call back list, and creating and following-up referrals from existing customer base.
Complete Job Description
- Work to establish new business opportunities with potential customers through cold calling, telemarketing, provided leads, networking and client/associate referrals
- Work to establish add-on business with existing customers
- Maintain an organized and easily accessible filing system (sales leads, prospective business, new business activity, add-on business activity, forecasting, quota details, etc.)
- Achieve monthly and yearly quota requirements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of entire product line
- Attend industry and product related training programs, conferences, seminars and educational forums
- Work closely with inside sales consultants to assure customer satisfaction and business accountability
- Assist branch manager in developing new business ideas and accompanying marketing materials to achieve sales objectives
- Work to build long term relationships with customer base
- Provide accurate price quotes in a timely manner to customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous sales experience
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Professional demeanor both on the phone and in person
- Must have PC knowledge (i.e. Windows 95, Word, E-mail)
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to remain organized while handling multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers and vendors (verbal and written)
- Experience in a position that deals directly with customers (front-line)
- Must have a valid drivers license
What Allied offers you
- Experience in the building materials industry is preferred
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Allied Building Products is a national independent distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior building materials with over 200 locations from Hawaii to Boston. The company was founded in 1950 as a small family-operated business focusing on the metro NY/NJ region and through acquisitions across much of the United States is now established as a major industry player. We believe that our employees are our best asset and still hold true to the core values of our humble beginnings that has made us a true success.
Allied is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest in the Allied family. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Allied Building Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 2 years ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...