Farmers Cooperative is seeking some to be responsible for custom application and assisting agronomy and grain operations when applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate daily activities, needs, & accomplishments with agronomy superintendent or location manager.
- Apply agronomy products to customer’s fields including dry and liquid fertilizer, chemicals and lime.
- Assist in housekeeping and maintenance of facility grounds including mowing, spraying weeds and moving snow.
- Assist with outbound and inbound agronomy products.
- Operate all equipment & vehicles according to FC policy and procedure along with all local, state, and federal laws.
- Ensure Safety compliance.
- Maintain & record maintenance of application equipment, tending equipment, NH3 equipment, pickups and side dress units.
- Record daily application logs.
- Assist with measure and counting of inventory of dry and liquid fertilizers, NH3, lime, and chemicals.
- Scout fields for insects and weeds in the absence of field sales agronomist and agronomy superintendent.
- Provide courteous customer service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Commercial pesticide applicators license with 1A, 1B, 1C endorsements or able to obtain one. Must have a valid CDL driver’s license with air brake, tanker, and hazardous materials endorsements or be able to obtain one. This position requires the safe operation of a motor vehicle to perform the essential functions of the job. The employee must meet the qualifications set forth in FC’s motor vehicle safety policy. Failure to meet these qualifications could result in removal from this position.
FC is an EOE/AA Employer
Farmers Cooperative Co. - 22 months ago