Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
• Possesses well developed Client-Facing skills and depth of capability in multiple HR functional areas including: rewards, training, organizational development, staffing and employee relations.
• Gains respect as a strategic business partner to client groups and global HR community.
• Applies experience and skills to strategic planning, team building, new manager assimilations, and other related responsibilities.
• Implements HR solutions that will meet the business performance needs and requirements.
• Coordinates and integrates designs and processes across functional areas to create comprehensive solutions that support business initiatives.
• Demonstrates subject matter leadership & interprets best practices into approaches, practices and process designs that align workforce and HR practices to business strategy.
• Contributes to building business people (through mentoring & coaching) and building HR performance capabilities.
• Participates in and supports strategic HR initiatives in partnership with Centers of Expertise.
• Expands HR knowledge base throughout organization through knowledge sharing, education and mentoring.
• Provides professional expertise to diagnose and resolve organizational issues as they impact employees.
• Partners with managers and/or other employees to identify employee-relations issues and work with them to create, implement or identify appropriate solutions.
• Proactively identifies opportunities to upgrade the employment environment and implement actions as appropriate.
• Maintains external focus and drives required culture change..
• Coaches leaders and managers to become self-sufficient on application of platforms, systems and people management
* A BS/BA degree in Human Resources, OD or directly related degree.
• 6 or more years relevant experience; post-graduate degree preferable.
•MBA/Masters degree preferred
• Professional certification (PHR, SPHR, CCP, CEBS) preferred
• Strong work ethic and desire to grow beyond traditional HR tactical work into strategic work.
• Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined practices/policies in selecting approach and techniques. Understands, manages, and administers compensation/benefits programs and procedures; evaluating programs and identifying needs for improvement; helping to balance individual partner and overall company interests.
• Application of principles, practices, and techniques for managing employee grievances, performance, disciplinary action, and in conducting investigations of internal complaints to resolve conflicts, issues, and compliance matters.
• Planned development and reinforcement of organizational strategies, structures, and processes to improve individual, team, and organizational effectiveness. Helps to drive process/ program improvements, often crossing business/geographical lines.
• Effectively interacts at all levels through strong influencing skills.
• Demonstrates strong proficiency in coaching senior leaders, facilitating and/or providing strategic solutions.
• Regularly demonstrates leadership skills including consensus building and conflict resolution.
Motorola Solutions - 17 months ago