Crop Insurance Adjuster — North Dakota
Position Summary — The Crop Insurance Adjuster (CIA) is responsible for completing field inspections, reading maps and aerial photos, measuring fields, storage bins and assessing damage or loss. This position requires a thorough understanding of insurance policies, adjusting practices, basic crop and special provisions, and loss methodologies. This position requires a high degree of physical ability such as climbing grain bins, walking over rough terrain for long distances, etc. This position reports directly to the Area Claims Supervisor for assigned territory. Candidates for this position may live in North Dakota and will be responsible for projects in their assigned region.
Duties & Responsibilities
I. Claims Adjusting
II. Service & Support
- Exercises independent judgment in the handling of routine and complex claims.
- Conveys regulations and interpretations to Insureds and Agents on crop and policy provisions.
- Utilizes the Loss Adjusting Manual (LAM) during the creation of special reports on judgments outside of procedure.
- Understands APH procedures and verification practices.
- Provides input on assigning losses.
- Monitors claims work.
- Performs fact-finding (regarding crop damage), records information and transmits loss information to accurately assess indemnity.
- Ensures claims are scanned into the system.
- Uses ProAg internal operating systems, software and functionality for supported crops and conditions.
- Completes and tracks claims for timeliness.
- Demonstrates an ability to organize and track work effectively.
- Demonstrates time management skills yet remains flexible for accommodating priority changes or unexpected events.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Communicates information clearly and effectively at Supervisor, Insured and Agent level.
- Demonstrates timely communication with other Claims personnel, Compliance, and other Regional staff.
- Provides Claims Managers with procedural claims interpretation as needed.
- Provides training and/or technical assistance to other crop insurance adjusters as needed.
- Provides support to other regions as needed during high claims seasons .
- Requires a high school diploma. Previous experience in the agriculture industry is preferred.
- Possesses strong analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Demonstrates skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees and customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in daily operations.
- Ability to conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner.