Financial Engines is seeking a Sr. Compensation Manager/HR Business Partner to be responsible for the overall management of FE compensation programs and systems including base pay administration. stock program design, variable compensation and sales compensation plans as well as to provide Human Resources support to 3 major client groups within Financial Engines (FE).
The Sr. Compensation Manager/HR Business Partner will maintain a highly professional, visible and integrated perspective to internal Human Resources customers, and contribute to the strategic development of Human Resources services, initiatives and programs. This position directly manages outside resources and travel may be required to our Palo Alto corporate office or other office locations on a quarterly basis.
1. Design, develop and deliver high quality compensation programs to drive corporate and business unit results, including: base pay and total compensation targets, mix of base and variable compensation ranges, salary increase budgets and guidelines; new hire and performance stock option guidelines and stock option pool allocation, job hierarchy, career ladders, job leveling and ongoing job evaluation processes that recognize local pay practices and a variety of variable pay incentives.
2. In concert with the EVP of HR and HR colleagues, manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the FE Boston office, including performance management and improvement systems, organization development, human resources policy guidance and compliance, and employee relations, including employee services and counseling.
3. Manage all compensation programs, including sales incentive program. Develops program procedures and plan documents. Work with accounting to oversee and approve plan calculations.
4. Lead/collaborate on development, rollout and ongoing application of compensation programs with HR team, managers and employees to ensure clear and timely communications of compensation programs
5. Develop and implement training and education for managers relative to compensation policies and issues.
6. Provide guidance and leadership to FE managers in the implementation of compensation programs.
7. Lead and manage the annual focal review process, merit and bonus program cycles, including the mid-year FOCAL processes. Responsible for administration of the tool(s) that support the annual focal review process.
8. Administer incentive bonus plans, compensation surveys, and provide support for the companyâs equity programs. Formulate recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions, organizational structures, etc.
9. Provide day to day compensation support, audit job content and work with HR Business partners to prepare job descriptions/career ladders reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements, including reviewing requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment
10. Remain aware of current market compensation information, trends and best practices to determine company's competitive position, including new hire and promotion packages. Keep abreast of federal and state compensation regulations as, well as asset management industry best practices. Collaborate on interpretation and usage of data for decision-making to retain/build talented workforce. Identify and participate in compensation surveys.
11. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of employees and functional business partners within the organization to support compensation, job changes, reorganizations and salary changes, including promotions. Respond to management requests for assistance and questions regarding company compensation programs and plans.
12. Ensure FE compensation programs are in compliance with government regulations, financial processes and legal requirements. Analyze company compensation policies in relation to government wage and hour regulations, prevailing rates for similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommend changes as appropriate.
13. Interacts internally and externally with all levels of the company including executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters, and partners with compensation consultants. Influences policymaking.
Bachelorâs degree in Human Resources or related field, PHR and MBA preferred.
10+ years of corporate compensation experience designing, implementing and maintaining compensation and incentive plans. Knowledge and experience in drafting and presenting compensation information to Compensation Committee required. Direct experience in financial services and familiarity with the 401(k) industry is strongly desired.
Knowledge of ISS, ERISA, SOX, NYSE rules relative to executive compensation and other relevant regulatory requirements. Compliance experience a must, knowledge of FLSA, Equal Pay Act etc.
Ability to effectively communicate with executive management and Board of Directors and direct cross-functional teams. Strong communication and analytical skills with a quality focus in providing customer-driven services and solutions.
Ability to influence those over whom there is no direct control or authority. Able to pull together pieces from multiple organizations into coherent programs. Ability to convince and to present positions to others.
Able to set multiple priorities at once. Able to effectively handle constantly changing requirements or priorities, and provide leadership to others in doing so.
Experience working with an HRIS system including advanced skills in report writing and system set-up. Strong PC skills (Word, Access, PowerPoint) and advanced Excel skills (PivotTables/VLOOKUP/statistical analysis charts).
About Financial Engines, Inc. (NASDAQ: FNGN)
Financial Engines is the largest independent investment advisor committed to providing everyone the trusted retirement help they deserve. The company helps investors with their total retirement picture by offering personalized retirement plans for saving, investment, and retirement income. To meet the needs of different investors, Financial Engines offers both Online Advice and Professional Management. Co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist Bill Sharpe, Financial Engines works with America's leading employers and retirement plan providers to make retirement help available to millions of American workers.
VentureLoop: Connect with Startups. Get in the Loop.
Find jobs at top startups backed by top venture capital firms.
VentureLoop - 14 months ago
Financial Engines, Inc. (Financial Engines) is a provider of independent, technology-enabled portfolio management services, investment advic...