JOB TITLE: Buyer, Associate/Buyer
PAY GRADE: 03/05 Grade determined education and experience
REPORTS TO: Senior Commodity Manager-Supply Chain
Performs activities associated with the planning and procurement of materials, supplies,
and equipment as required by a variety of procurement categories.
1. With the approval of supervision, prepares, and issues detailed MRP II requirements,
schedules, manufacturing release orders, and Purchase Order Requests. Initiates
and approves Purchase Orders and administers Long Term Agreements and Pricing
Agreements as required.
2. Reviews proposals and assists more experienced buyers with analysis of supplier
bids and helps to prepare for the negotiation of bids for contracts.
3. Subject to approval from supervision, negotiates new item purchases, changes in
specifications, price modifications, over shipments, credit transactions and returned
goods. Reviews exception reports from the MRP II system and makes corrections as
required. Maintains Economic Order Quantities, lead-times, lot sizes, safety stocks,
and other part data to ensure accuracy of Part Master.
4. Coordinates with suppliers to ensure parts are delivered on time to Purchase Order
5. Primarily internal contacts with supervisor, higher-level buyer, internal personnel, and
some supplier contact.
6. Works with supervision and higher grade Buyer on most issues.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain or equivalent
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Prefers supply chain and SAP experience. Proficient in Microsoft office.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information.
Feb 6, 2013, 9:17:26 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Textron - 19 months ago