As a Senior Business System Analyst in our Actuarial and Business Intelligence team, you will be working with a highly talented team to evaluate business requirements and model data and/or system requirements. You will be working closely with the Personal Insurance State Management, Actuarial Strategic and Tactical Research staff to provide key data to be used in evaluating pricing levels and modeling data.
- Use your business and technical knowledge to participate in the re-engineering of business operations to improve business results and operational effectiveness
- Analyze and document business problems, develop test plans, and test and approve new system behaviors.
- Coordinate upgrades and rollouts of moderate scope.
- Analyzes feasibility and documents business problems.
- Develops and implements business-testing strategies.
- Coordinates upgrades and rollouts of projects.
- May participate in and may lead the implementation of special projects or sub-projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or technical discipline; 5 years related experience in object, data, and/or process modeling, financial analysis and planning, business value analysis, and business process design.
- Ability to design customer-focused solutions for a diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated strong analytic and presentation skills, dedication to continuous improvement, and an ability to be highly adaptive and collaborative.
- Understanding of key actuarial measurements and concepts a plus
- General knowledge of diverse technologies and new and current architectures.
- Knowledge of database language and applications such as Teradata, SQL Server 2005 and 2008, DTS, OLAP, SQL Server Analysis Services and Integration Services is plus preferred.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Visual Basic, XML, and SAS
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Liberty Mutual - 22 months ago
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and...