We have an urgent requirement for our Direct Client Linux Administrator.
Bill Rate: $50 C2C
Click Submit Resume http://graceits.com/mail.php
- Responsible for all Linux administration activities.
- Responsible for assuring system availability and performance of all Linux systems.
- Provide second level support for customer problems and requests.
- Little daily supervision required.
- Install, update and maintain applications, middleware, system management tools, operating systems and network in the Linux environment.
- Responsibility for day-to-day operations of the Linux systems.
- Provide technical solutions for problems.
- Provide and maintain documentation such as Systems Operations Guides or Work Instructions describing local procedures, service level agreements, etc.
- Participate in medium to large projects.
- Able to effectively lead small internal projects.
- Strong Systems Administration skills/experience with at least 5+ years Linux Operating System skills, including administration, installation, upgrading, migration, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Hardware architecture knowledge of Intel based servers
- Experience in installing and applying latest patches for Linux Systems and hardware.
- Experience in installing utilities, compilers, 3rd party software, etc and configuring Linux from install media.
- Upgrades, installs, configuration and administration for the latest security and monitoring tools, and to ensure UNIX operating system releases and patches, as well as related systems software, are distributed and functioning on approved IT industrial standard practices.
- Strong technical experience in SAN Storage, Disk Management, and disk mirroring.
- Experience in monitoring the availability & performance of UNIX system.
- Strong skills and experience in Korn/Bourne Shell scripting to automate system administration jobs.
- Hands-on small project management, document development, testing, debugging, source control, and maintenance.
- Needs to have strong skills in Disaster Recovery procedures, dual sites replications and practices and backup/recovery processes and scripting as well as Unix security.
- Needs to have strong experience in Performance Management & Tuning analysis and benchmarking of enterprise system in kernel. Setup and configured network RPC, TCP/IP DNS, SSH, on Linux servers.
- Must be able to work independently but also as an integral part of the team environment.
- Able to provide system architecture guidance to the lower level of subordinates and Unix Administrators.
5 years of Linux administration experience.
- 1 year of experience managing small to medium projects
- Training and experience in high level Sever administration functions such as high availability, networking, or performance and tuning.
Phone : 732-421-7584
Indeed - 18 months ago