Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 100 pounds. Vision, hearing and speech essential. Hand coordination to use computer. May require a valid drivers license. Job requires contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions.
- High School Graduate
- Able to pass background check and drug test
- Must have all application licenses as required by State and Federal Agencies
- Must complete basic agronomy short course within 90 days of employment
- Must work with an experienced Sr Applicator a minimum of three days before operating equipment without supervision.
- GPS capable
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES :
1. Applies farm chemicals using proper safety protective equipment.
2. Performs preventive maintenance and makes adjustments and/or repairs to spray truck. Calibrates equipment for proper application. Checks equipment for proper application and makes corrections as needed.
3. Prepares proper truck reports and records, including truck maintenance records as required.
4. Assists with inventory control through adhering to established procedure and reports.
5. Plans or assists in planning of spreading schedule.
6. May assist in taking physical inventory.
7. Attends schools and meetings as requested.
8. Adheres to Southern States No Tolerance Policy on Safety and Environment.
9. Perform duties of warehouse trucker and other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
10. Responsible to ensure equipment is Growmaster certified.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc. provides links to other websites for information only, and is not responsible for the content of these...