At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Schlage® , Thermo King® , and Trane® , contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Specification Writer will provide professional door hardware specification services to the architectural community as a “pull through” sales strategy to penetrate the market; review shop drawings of distributor submittals; and provide expert analysis on product comparisons.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write technical specifications for the architectural community, including code compliance for new construction projects as well as aftermarket requests.
- Convert and provide solutions to architects on special jobs and product application requirements.
- Increase Architect’s product and application knowledge by regularly conducting lunch and learn training events.
- Participate in pre and post installation meetings. Assist the architect with revisions, access control coordination, and requests for information during all phases of the project.
- Communicate strategic project information to assist in the formation of a project call strategy for the end user and distributor sales force.
- Exhibit an understanding of electromechanical products and solutions including access control and software.
- Ability to provide a complete access control package specification including riser diagrams.
- Work in conjunction with Sales Consultants making joint sales calls, issuing spec guides, etc.
- Maintain excellent industry/competitor product knowledge by reviewing and understanding market data of competitive activity. Adapt to change in marketplace.
- 5+ years experience including thorough working knowledge of mechanical and electronic solutions, including options spanning from mechanical access/egress control to total facility integration.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of basic electricity and electronic components.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Our Security Technologies sector helps make the places we live, work and play safe, secure and productive. Security Technologies supplies global leading commercial security products and services. The segment’s market-leading products include electronic and biometric access control systems; time-and-attendance and personnel scheduling systems; mechanical locks; portable security; and mechanical and electronic security products such as door closers, exit devices, architectural hardware, and steel doors and frames.
- Bachelors degree
- Fully accredited AHC or EHC through DHI
- Ability to learn industry specific software
- Proficient w/ MS Office tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills essential along with a bias for action
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Add to Job Cart
View Job Cart
Ingersoll Rand Job Agent
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified firm in which our people, our products, our systems and our services work together to inspire...