Sr. Mortgage Underwriter-731279
Capital One is expanding its Home Loans division in Wilmington! Capital One’s entrepreneurial spirit and drive to stand out in the industry has led us to become a Fortune 500 company and one of the most desirable places to work in the country. With an engaging culture, great benefits and a commitment to the communities we serve, Capital One continues to attract top talent in Wilmington and the Greater Philadelphia Area.
If you have a passion for the mortgage business, thrive on a fast-paced environment and are looking for a team atmosphere that encourages success and innovation, Capital One Home Loans may have something to offer you!
It is the Sr Assoc Underwriter’s responsibility to ensure that conventional loans are processed and underwritten accurately and while remaining in compliance with company, regulatory and investor requirements. The Sr Associate Underwriter is a partner to sales, processing and closing by helping to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Determine qualifying income for the most complex applicants including Self Employed (All Tax Returns)
- Review complex income documentation such as personal and business tax returns
- Review complex asset statements
- Review the most complex appraisals including multi-family
- Ability to underwrite FHA/VA loan requests
- Highest level of risk assessment
- Ability to restructure loans recommended for denial and present counter-offer which fully complies with guidelines at an acceptable level of risk
- Ability to disposition loan files outside of standard underwriting guidelines
- Review Co-Op, CEMA and Bond Loans
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- 4 years of experience in automated underwriting systems to include FNMAs Desktop Underwriter and FHLMCs Loan Prospector
- 4 years of experience underwriting/knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA programs and underwriting guidelines, as well as those of other conventional investors, state/local bond programs and private mortgage insurers
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field
- 5 years Mortgage Underwriting experience
- 5 years of mortgage experience
Analytical ability to consider consequences of Loan credit guidelines
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Mortgage
Primary Location : United States-Delaware-Wilmington-New Castle-Wilmington Plaza (18222)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : No
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One - 18 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...