Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Manages manufacturing engineering related projects, as required.
Interfaces with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products.
Drives manufacturing engineering PDP deliverables.
Launches, releases, approves and implements engineering change orders to support design engineering and floor with new and existing products.
Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements.
Leads teams across multiple functional groups in the use of DFx principles to reduce product costs and improve delivered product quality.
Develops design methods and parameters, project methodology and/or project proposals.
Interfaces between operations and design engineering to implement most feasible design / solution.
Develops and uses test procedures including defining test specifications.
Develops test strategies to implement the development of test procedures.
Works with test engineering to design and develop test fixtures.
Participates in the preparation of concept and feasibility studies.
Gathers operational test data and evaluates results; manages corrective actions.
Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies. Identifies, documents and implements new business processes and efficiency improvement tools.
Mentors and trains lower level engineers; identifies training needs, updates training curriculums, and develops training programs.
Performs other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the project in progress and/or the specific goals of the department in which the incumbent works.
Duties may include leading team solutions to problems identified throughout the product development and manufacturing lifecycles of a product.
Coordinates outsourcing activities with external / internal suppliers, as required.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Requires a thorough understanding of the manufacturing engineering discipline, theories, practices and principles.
- Requires knowledge necessary to perform the job function such as an understanding of the engineering change order process, DFx (Design for Excellence) engineering principles, product development process, value engineering, engineering specification waiver process, producibility / manufacturability analysis, product structure, bill of materials, product safety requirements, material handling, test strategies, tool strategies, and root cause analysis.
- Requires strong skills in change management, problem solving, communication skills, customer orientation, product technology, project management, personal effectiveness, global business perspective, team skills, and quality.
- Demonstrated ability in human resources management, and leadership.
- Requires knowledge of systems and software necessary to perform job function such as Lotus Notes, MS Word, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Flowcharting, CAD, PDM, Oracle BOM, Oracle ECO, FRACAS, and/or BRIO.
- BS level degree in an Engineering discipline
- 8+ years manufacturing engineering experience, or equivalent.
- 9+ years previous experience in manufacturing engineering is preferred.
Applied Materials is the global leader in precision materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar PV...