JOB SUMMARY: The Graphic Designer will assist the Club Marketing Team in delivering high quality visual solutions to communicate The Cliffs’ messages, utilizing a blend of creative skills, commercial awareness, and brand savvy. Develops and implements graphic standards for the Cliffs brand across a spectrum of applications including: electronic communications, magazines, posters, websites, logos, brochures and other marketing collateral.
A graphic designer will develop a visual language to positively position Member events and products. The design work demands creative ability, up-to-date knowledge of graphic trends, latest industry software, and professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
The role will involve managing more than one design project at a time, allocating the relevant amount of time according to the value of the job. Typical work activities include:
Interpret the objectives and develop a concept to suit the purpose
- Meets with project manager to discuss the objectives and requirements of the job
Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts within the constraints of cost and time
Present ideas and concepts to project managers
Work within a wide range of media including photography, illustration, and computer-aided design
Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work
Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and Flash
Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, project managers, web developers and marketing specialists
Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Arts
- 3+ experience in Desktop Publishing/Layout/Graphic Design
- Strong knowledge of principles of graphic and visual design
- Proficiency in Macromedia, In Design, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of Dreamweaver and Flash a plus.
- Excellent grammatical, spelling and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and can manage multiple projects in time-sensitive environment (work load varies from 5-25 design projects per week)
- Demonstrate initiative, work independently, meet deadlines and maintain collaborative professional relationships
- Photography skills a plus
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail
- Strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
The Cliffs - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1991 by Jim Anthony, The Cliffs Communities is devoted to the sensible development of luxury residential communities and other...