Market and sell Arrow 103.5 radio products which satisfy client's needs and obtain maximum sales at maximum rates by developing and closing new business accounts, along with maintaining existing accounts.|
- Contacting local advertising agencies and local businesses, acting as a liaison between the station and the local business community, providing them marketing and advertising help.
- Making sales presentations to all types of clients to obtain advertising revenue for employer.
- Internally coordinating, executing and overseeing all advertising schedules from start to finish, including collecting monies owed to company for such schedules.
- Developing new local business and increasing shares of transactional business.
- Selling all digital platforms, both website and mobile opportunities, to existing and new clients.
- Achieving and exceeding monthly and quarterly sales goals.
- Representing employer in the highest professional manner at all times and adhering to all policies set forth by corporate policies and procedures, mission and commitments and core values of Bonneville International Corporation/Deseret Management Corporation.
Meets annual revenue goals and help achieve team budgets and objectives. Maintain a system for tracking process in meeting established goals. Excel in new business development and in generating new dollars for the station.Ensure that the handling of the present and future accounts is done in a prompt and efficient manner.Maintain a working schedule that allows maximum time to devote to new calls. The adequate number is to be determined with manager. Help assure rate integrity and obtain credit approval for all new accounts. Obtain approvals from manager before airing.Distinguishes him/herself by providing excellent service, research, training, and overall competency. Consistently develops effective relations with buyers and key decision-makers in order to meet client and company expectations.Acts as an effective team member when generating revenue sales for the company.Participates in weekly meetings with the immediate supervisor.Train with various sales managers so that knowledge and abilities are up to date. This position will go through an initial two-week training period, and will be expected to continually train so that they are current in the practices of the Radio industry.Constantly study and keep informed concerning competitive and industry practices, rates, ratings, etc. in order to give clients accurate information and aid. Take classes and participate in learning opportunities both within and outside the company as needed.Keep supervisor and local sales manager informed of all competitive problems. Work with all station staff members to help each one better service Bonneville Radio Group accounts. Attend and be punctual at regular sales staff meetings.Responsible to secure all necessary credit information about the advertiser. Also responsible for past due account collections.Keep honest and accurate expense records. Complete approved expense reports in a timely manner (30-day maximum.) Keep billing adjustments to a minimum.Work toward maintaining unity within Local Sales team by assisting with promotions, productions and other areas of coordination for Local Sales.Must sign a Bonneville Radio Group Account Executive Agreement.Maximum amount of cash packages.Valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.Able to manage stress effectively.Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.Work effectively in a team environment.Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.Personal growth and development.Other duties as assigned.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree in communications, sales, media sales, business marketing or related field and/or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of broadcast sales experience or equivalent (applicants with previous broadcast sales experience will be given first consideration).
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases (Microsoft Office, Marketron).
- Familiarity with Arbitron ratings and/or other knowledge with comparable research tools is preferred.
- Enthusiastic, positive and creative perspective to new business approaches with a commitment to person growth through continual training.
- Valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- Willing to sign an Account Executive Agreement.
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville International Corp/KSL Broadcast Group - 8 months ago