Works on-site at a customer facility(s), directly coordinates, schedules and participates in work with the customer to comply with the partnership agreement. Troubleshoots by investigating problems related to product performance and application specific criteria. Makes less complex and routine seal and equipment recommendations utilizing standard engineering judgment and responsibility to resolve customer inquiries. Travel as required to perform duties and work directly with customers. Position reports to Region Sales Manager.
1. Reviews customer applications and makes specific recommendations.
2. Troubleshoots specific customer applications and analyzes, evaluates, and rectifies seal operation problems and failures.
3. Improves MTBR and reduces material costs.
4. Reduces inventory by establishing standards for reduction, minimizing variances found in the physical inventory and optimizing inventory levels.
5. Communicates orally and in writing with customers, company personnel, and vendors providing counseling, recommendations, and technical assistance. May include making both technical and commercial presentations to customers or management.
6. Assists and directs development of customer seal standardization programs. Also, assists with developing inventory management programs that are to be implemented by customers.
7. Solves problems on existing installations pro-actively.
8. Negotiates with customers and sales personnel regarding material changes or modifications of customer equipment, seal, or auxiliary equipment. Help customers find and define productivity improvements obtained through seal upgrades.
9. Approves overall seal and component part design and materials, proposals, layouts, installation, assembly and detail drawings.
10. Prepares reports and makes recommendations to management in order to assist in development and management of partnership programs. Devise and recommend new approaches to problems encountered in assignments.
11. Recommends new standards and procedures on design and manufacture of seal components. Observes and reports field performance results; collects and evaluates customer’s data, while working with local John Crane office and sales representative.
12. Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary to comply with specific contractual terms of the agreement.
Requirements for Entry
Requires a BSME or equivalent plus 2 years experience with mechanical seals, rotating equipment and basic engineering principles applied to perform work assignments in addition to PC and software knowledge.
John Crane - 18 months ago