Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
We are in the process of building a world class Information Technology organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking IT professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
Systems Administrator II
The Systems Administrator II works in the Systems Administration team within the Information Technology department to manage the entire lifecycle of the company’s IT infrastructure technologies, which include but are not limited to servers, networks, software, security, backups, storage, directory services, business continuity and compliance across the enterprise.
· Having broad expertise and unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
· Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles
· Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Responsible for enterprise rollout strategies, capacity planning and project life cycles within the IT infrastructure; define tasks, timelines, and manages communications at all levels of the organization
· Responsible for training, coaching, and directing the work efforts to implement technologies across the organization
· Serve as primary point of contact and liaison with vendors related to IT technologies / projects.
· Manages the performance of all servers and reacts immediately to changes by updating software, re-configuring hardware, and communicates directly with management to minimize impact to user community / company
· Independent and proactive decision authorization to, recommend, design, and implement solutions to meet business requirements
· Conducts vendor negotiations, contracts and offers guidance on hardware and software purchases
· Creates and maintains documentation of hardware and software configurations and assures adherence to company policies
· Designs, implement, and manage network backup systems
· Designs and manages all aspects of the computing environments security including patches, upgrades, firmware, anti-virus, LDAP and network policies. Monthly maintenance of all systems.
· Develops technical requirement specifications and works with vendors to establish applicable solutions
· Identifies current operational process inefficiencies and implements changes to maintain optimum service level to user community, stores, DC, and SSC
· Provide on-call support for all IT Infrastructure systems as required
· Provide technical and procedural training to business partners throughout organization
· Accountable for maintaining uptime of all Infrastructure components impacting service to the user community
· May perform lead role over other network support positions
· Monitors, reviews and updates policies to ensure compliance to company rules, governmental regulations and the law (SOX/PCI)
· Bachelor's Level Degree in Information Technology or related field
· 3-7 years working experience in systems administration
· Expert knowledge in designing, administering, and troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems (Server 2003/2008, Windows 7 Pro) including AD, file server permissions, group objects, printer management and event log troubleshooting.
· Extensive knowledge of HP, Dell and IBM, EMC VNX SAN server/storage technologies. EMC DataDomain and Avamar backup storage technologies a plus.
· Intermediate understanding of hardware, software, clustering and replication technologies (Microsoft Cluster Services for Exchange and SQL), three tier application, Citrix XenApp, VMware, vSphere ESXi, vCenter and other virtual infrastructure technologies.
· Intermediate knowledge in the following disciplines: Web services, FTP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, AD Group Policies, IIS/Apache, Email Gateway SPAM/Security filters, URL Content filters, LDAP, Exchange 2003/2010, monitoring tools, Blackberry and Good Enterprise Server, Mobile Device Management, Patch Management, Anti-virus, Symantec Netbackup Enterprise and EMC Networker.
· General knowledge of TCP/IP routing on WANs and LANs, switches, firewalls, VPN’s, and wireless a plus.
· Create technical documents using Microsoft productivity tools along with Project and Visio
· Extensive knowledge of physical infrastructure such as cabling, electrical power and UPS.
· Moderate experience with SuSe and Redhat operating systems a plus.
· Proficiency in database platforms such as SQL and Oracle a plus
· Excellent interpersonal skills, in addition to effective customer interaction skills
· Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and meet deadlines and timelines
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
· Time management, analytical, project management skills while working under limited supervision
Orchard Supply Hardware - 5 months ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...