PDS Tech is seeking a Security Analyst - Incident response and handling. The candidate selected for this position will work on site at the customer location in Kennesaw Georgia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- At least three years active experience as part of an incident response team working as an IR Handler (either in-house or as a consultant)
- Follow Company policy and procedures on the use of forensic tools and capabilities, logging activities as required
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for incident response and forensics
- Manage and perform incident response activities
- Support ongoing internal investigations and litigation matters
- Perform storage forensics (for example, hard drives, phones, USB storage)
- Utilize Company-owned forensic tools (Encase, FTK, Helix, Wireshark, etc.) in the course of investigations
- Perform network storage forensics (for example, capturing network traffic for analysis)
- Perform file-system analysis and file carving (for example, to extract email, documents, and other trace evidence)
- Identify, collect, preserve and analyze electronic information, relevant to a case, incident or event of interest
- Establish timelines and patterns of activity of individuals and electronic devices and software
- Follow forensically sound practices, including preserving chain of custody
- Consult with Company legal team on privacy, policy and compliance concerns
- Develop remediation plan of actions as a result of investigative discovery within Company business and IT infrastructure
- Adequately communicate with all key stakeholders to ensure both confidentiality of information and expedient evidence collection
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
- Experience managing large and small scale incidents
- Experience leading digital forensic investigations
- Working knowledge of forensic tools such as Encase, FTK, Helix, Knoppix, Slax, Sleuthkit, SIFT, BlackLight and/or MacForensicsLab
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Active Directory, Virtualization platforms, Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac OS X, LDAP, Active Directory, 802.11 wireless, firewalls, routers, network protocols and architecture, databases, VPN/RAS, IDS/IPS
- Understanding of risk-based frameworks
- Understanding of one or more frameworks: PCI-DSS, Sarbanes Oxley, NERC-CIP, HIPAA, FISMA, ISO, COBIT, NIST
- Broad information security knowledge and experience
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong writing skills
- Some management experience as a team lead is helpful. Candidate may be required to oversee other security staff.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
Immediate 401(k) eligibility
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details.
Software / Web Development
PDS Technical Services - 2 years ago
PDS Tech, Inc. is an award winning specialty recruiting firm supplying temporary staff and project support to the Fortune 500. Founded in...