Emergency Medicine Physician
Skill & Education Requirements
- 971-bed regional tertiary care center
- 33% admission rate, high acuity
- 56-bed ED including 27 general monitored, 14 pediatric, 2 resuscitation/trauma bays, 4 critical care, 4 orthopedic, 1 ENT/OPTH, and 4 triage bays. Overflow area available for surges in census.
- Separate Pediatric Emergency Center area is staffed by pediatric emergency physicians
- Emergency Medicine residents, pediatric emergency medicine fellows, pediatric residents, physician assistant students and medical students all rotate at Saint Francis in the TEC and PEC. Provides teaching opportunity for interested physicians.
- Two Titan Sonosite Ultrasounds in emergency department
- Glide Scope and multiple difficult airway adjuncts available
- Two radiology suites in the ED
- 24 hour Hospitalist service provides excellent support to our staff
- EMP’s PhysicianFirst physician-in-triage program daily from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- New 50,000 sq ft Emergency Department in planning stage with anticipated completion late 2012
ED Shift & Job Details
- Emergency Medicine Residency Training
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Emergency Medicine by ABEM or AOBEM
- Proficient in basic and critical emergency medicine skills
Click here to get more details on EMP's competitive EM physician benefits package.
- Eight-hour shifts
- 8 shifts per day; double coverage with an additional dedicated triage shift
- Attendance required at monthly EMP and hospital ED business meetings
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Long and short term disability (own occupation)
- Occurrence malpractice coverage, including tail
- Fully funded pension in 401(k)
- CME account ($8k annually)
- flexible savings plans
- Life insurance for self and spouse
- Family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
Emergency Medicine Physicians
- 2 years ago - save job
Established in 1992, Emergency Medicine Physicians (EMP) is a leading employer of residency-trained, board-certified emergency physicians....