Represent T-Mobile US in legal and legislative matters in Puerto Rico as assigned by Managing Attorney. Prepare supporting legal and policy documents and interface with legislative bodies, regulatory boards and executive offices in Puerto Rico.
· Support Managing Attorney in his or her work with the Puerto Rico business team, Government Affairs and other legal teams requiring assistance with legal or government issues in Puerto
· Assist with counseling and advising business clients on a wide variety of complex and developing legal and business issues.
· Represent T-Mobile at mediation, settlement and evidentiary hearings at DACO and the Puerto Rico Telecommunications Regulatory Board. Manage all related motion practice.
· Review print, TV and radio ads; legal disclaimers; bill messages and bill inserts; and website content. Draft sweepstakes rules in Spanish further to the DACO regulations.
· Draft a variety of corporate agreements including commercial leases, vendor agreements and sponsorship agreements.
· Assist with regulatory compliance including DACO and the Puerto Rico Telecommunications Regulatory Board regulations.
· Manage subpoena compliance.
· Address disputes arising from cell site leases including, property damage claims, rent disputes, property restoration issues.
· Analyze and resolve legal issues that arise in the collections process. Address extra-judicial fraud identity and privacy claims.
· Conduct legal and industry-related research when appropriate.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 5+ years overall business experience in a corporate or law office environment;
· 5+ years of experience as a business attorney, with relevant in-house and/or top law firm transactional experience;
· Significant experience with researching complex legal matters;
Excellent written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English
· A demonstrated ability to collaborate with other legal and business professionals in a complex organization with a focus on delivering results efficiently;
· Strong analytical, negotiation, and drafting skills;
· Skill in reading, analyzing and interpreting state legislation and other complex documents;
· Experience delivering persuasive presentations to state legislators, legislative staff, executive branch officials and other decision makers on controversial and/or complex topics;
· Ability to utilize diplomacy and tact in eliciting cooperation from internal and external audiences at all levels;
· Keen business sense with strong judgment, negotiation, drafting and decision making skills;
· Ability to work with a variety of personalities across the business organization;
· Strong prioritization skills, and execution and results orientation with customer focus;
· Ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
· Desire and ability to work as part of a team;
· Some travel will be required.
· Masters/Advanced Degree. JD from an accredited university with outstanding academic credentials
· Familiarity with issues related to the wireless industry or telecommunications and technology. Experience in politics or public policy.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
You can also expect that it will be high energy from day one at T-Mobile: career growth, personal recognition, and diversity are all part of the mix. You'll enjoy competitive pay, employee phone plan discounts, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, medical and dental coverage, a great company-matched 1165(e) plan, advanced training, and more.
T-Mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
PR-San Juan PR
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading...