GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Field Service Engineer II Americas will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of the customer’s equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
- Advanced, total system-level troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment.
- Completing Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instruction. Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety, and/or other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Managing vendors service delivery processes in compliance with GE Healthcare policies.
- Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
- Participating in sales opportunities such as contract renewals and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient and cost effective service delivery to all accounts with assigned area.
- May include training of clinical staff on designated equipment.
- Teach and assist other Field Engineers on advanced and complex troubleshooting and technical fixes, plays a leading role on complex and multifunctional system fixes.
- May take on additional responsibilities within local area as needed
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, equivalent military education or Associates Degree with 2 years experience servicing electronic equipment, or a High School Diploma/GED and 12+ years experience servicing electronic equipment.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Six Sigma trained/certified
- Change agent and process oriented
- Leading & Relating to Others: Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict.
- Shares Expertise: Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- Organizing & Executing: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
- Communicating: Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Coping with Pressure: Works productively in a pressurized environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Supporting & Cooperating: Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others. Adapts to the team and builds team spirit. Listens, consults others and communicates proactively. Supports and cares for others. Upholds ethics and values. Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Follows procedures and policies. Compiles with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Embracing Change & Demonstrating Enthusiasm: Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary. Identifies development strategies needed to achieve career goals and meet new or changing demands of the job.
- Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends. Identifies business opportunities for the organization. Demonstrates financial awareness.
Send to friend
Save to cart
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...