CareMore is looking for dynamic individuals to join our team! CareMore is a leading healthcare system specializing in providing a complete, pro-active health care experience to Senior Americans. CareMore strongly believes in our innovative and caring vision to lead the next generation of health care and we look for candidates that share in our passion. As a leader in senior healthcare for over 20 years, our vision is to significantly improve the lives of Medicare recipients by employing a dedicated staff of professionals who are passionate about changing lives. When you join CareMore, we’ll give you every opportunity to make a real difference. Be More with CareMore.
The Back Office Medical Assistant (MA) assists in the examinations and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician or Allied Health Professional. The MA functions within the scope of his/her education and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review patient medical records prior to visit to ensure chart readiness for physician.
2. Interview patient, measure vital signs, pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height, and record information related to the chief complaint or reason for visit, current medications and allergies on patient chart.
3. Explain procedures and treatments to patient/family to gain cooperation and ease apprehension.
4. Communicate effectively with patients and convey urgent and relevant information to team members.
5. Prepare treatment room for examination of patient; assist physicians with procedures, clean examination rooms and follow proper steps for sterilization of equipment.
6. Administer prescribed medications orally or by injection and document: time, dosage, route, manufacturer and lot number on patients chart along with your name.
7. Perform EKG, pulse oximetry, inhalation treatments and operate other equipment.
8. Schedule appointments per physician’s scheduling protocol.
9. Maintain a neat, organized work area; ensure logbooks and tracking system is in place.
10. Maintain inventory of back office supplies and re-order when needed.
11. Handle telephone messages or refer to appropriate personnel. Follow policy and procedures for documenting communications.
12. Demonstrate knowledge and use of ICD-9 coding and accurately complete all paperwork.
13. Follow the policy and procedures for Direct Referral Authorizations (DRAs) and prior authorizations.
14. Communicate to front office the status of physicians’ schedules to ensure patients are aware of wait times.
15. Answer telephone routed from front office within four (4) rings, using a friendly tone and appropriate greeting (i.e. "Thank you for holding, my name is (your name), how can I help you?").
16. Adhere to all CareMore Medical Management Company policies that are applicable to the position.
17. Ensure that all company policies are understood. It is the employee’s responsibility to act on all policy changes.
18. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Courteous, helpful, skillful care is to be demonstrated to patients and their families, vendors, physicians and co-workers at all times.
19. Perform other duties upon supervisors request.
1. Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or a minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have certification of completion from an accredited school of training for Medical Assistants.
3. Other Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required in most offices.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more...