American Campus Communities (ACC) holds the General Manager (GM) responsible for the entire operation and outcome of an apartment community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) :
Life Safety of Employees and Residents
- Supervise all hiring, training, termination, development, and rewards of staff
- Supervise RD, Maintenance and Housekeeping staff, Office Assistant, Bookkeeper
- Conduct weekly meetings, walkthroughs, and inspections
- Maintain daily contact with staff and meetings as appropriate
- Provide professional staff with career development opportunities
- Oversee Community Assistant program as directed by RD
Student and Community Development
- Live on-site, being available for after hours on-call response (to be coordinated and shared with RD)
- Appropriately confront and handle discipline procedures for students
- Administer Risk Management/Loss Prevention Programs
- Oversees the development of community
- Oversees the programming efforts and educational programming model
- Oversees individual student development
- Oversee education approach to student discipline
- Ensure appropriate occupancy rates, evictions, revenue and expenses are maintained
- Ensure timely collection of rents
Management Contract Obligations
- Maintain contracts with vendors
- Ensure timely payment of invoices
- Ensure account balances sufficient for obligations
- Supervise all facilities management for property including land, building, and equipment
- Ensure all contractual duties and obligations are met
- Maintain ongoing communication with university officials
- Update corporate office on university relations and communications
Other duties as assigned
- Serve as ACC representative and liaison in all interactions
- Assist in corporate projects as requested
- Serve as Public Relations representative to all interested parties
- Assist with conferences, hiring employees, etc. as requested
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelors degree in business; or 4 years experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters Degree preferred. · Skills in residence life, facility management, budgeting, supervision, business administration, public relations, and a combination of business and student development skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills
CPM or other IREM or BOMA certification preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business/financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, or members of management. Ability to write business correspondence and proposals that conform to prescribed style and format of the Company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define and solve problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Proficient computer skills required including knowledge of Email, Internet, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; database software, and Property management software.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- T he employee may infrequently drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.
American Campus Communities - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
American Campus Communities (ACC) actually does most of its business off campus. The self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) owns...