The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology High-throughput Screening (HTS) Facility is looking to recruit a software developer with expertise in web and database technologies to join our team in creating tools for chemistry and scientific data analysis. These projects will support drug discovery and biomedical research in areas including cancer, neuroscience, diabetes, and infectious diseases.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, life sciences, or related field of study. Previous experience working in a laboratory environment and automating processes is preferred. The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in translating a conceptual model into a set of relational database objects.
- Expertise in SQL, and proficiency in creating efficient SQL queries that interact with a large database schema.
- Experience with source control and software build automation and integration systems.
- Ability and aptitude to automate a broad diversity of data capture, reduction, analysis, archival and reporting processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
StackOverflow Jobs - 14 months ago
Vanderbilt University is a private research university located in Nashville, Tennessee, United States. Founded in 1873, the university is...