Inventory Coordinator, Full Time, Evening, Surgery, IBMC
Job Code: 8557
The Inventory Coordinator orders and maintains all implants, supplies, materials, instruments, equipment, and consignment items for all specialty areas.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Inventory Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Confers with team managers, RNs, and scrubs to verify procedures that require special equipment, instruments, materials, and/or supplies through the utilization of personalized preference sheets created in the computer system
* Maintains the inventory status of and provides for ongoing monitoring of implants, supplies, materials, instruments, and equipment to ensure timely
ordering and/or replacement of needed, used, damaged, or obsolete items
* Collaborates with vendors, materials management, physicians, and team managers to ensure consignment items, special equipment, and/or special supplies
are obtained in a timely manner
* Participates in bi-annual inventory counts
* Participates in the preparation of and opening up of surgical procedures. Assists by functioning in the role of an "outside" circulator or second circulator (excludes Interventional Radiology).
* Maintains temperature logs of medication refrigerators (excludes Interventional Radiology)
* Radiology Department: Confers with IR technologist, RN's, and scrubs to verify procedures that require special equipment, instruments, materials, and/or supplies through the utilization of personalized preference utilizing the PeopleSoft and BCX systems.
The Inventory Coordinator reports to assigned specialty team manager. Radiology Department: Reports to IR Lead Technologist and accountable to the Operations Manager.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
High exposure to hazardous risks and contaminants, including potential for exposure to infectious and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, lasers, radiology and fluoroscopy equipment, splashes, chemicals, cleaning solvents, sterilization chemicals, hexacholorphate, betadine, sharps, and wet floors. Temperatures may vary in the environment. May be exposed to a variety of interruptions and odors. Must wear personal protective equipment as the situation dictates. Potential for bodily injury related to lifting, reaching, and pushing.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 2 years of surgical experience that involves a working knowledge of surgical equipment, surgical instruments, surgical materials and
supplies, surgical implants, aseptic technique, patient positioning, and surgical case preparation and cleanup.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (written/verbal)
For BMC Interventional Radiology:
* 2 years of previous healthcare or healthcare related experience.
Integris Health - 12 months ago
INTEGRIS Health shoots for integrity by providing a range of health services to residents throughout the Sooner state. The company, one of...