To set-up banquet equipment and/or foods/beverages as required at the specified times and locations. Provides guests in the catering department with the highest standards of food and beverage service on all functions. In doing so, it is expected that all efforts be directed toward guest satisfaction, the achievement/maintenance at division standards profit maximization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Report to work on time and in full uniform.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management, which the associate is capable of performing.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the Concord Hospitality Handbooks.
- Comply with the clean-as-you-go policy.
- Be able to read a BEO and know how to complete a setup.
- Set tables in assigned area or check to see that they have been set correctly and uniformly, using clean, pressed linen without rips, stains, or tears clean unspotted silverware, clean china with no chips or cracks clean unspotted glassware. Properly clean and fill table complements salt and pepper, sugar, bread baskets, etc..
- Work safely and courteously at all times.
- Know the menu for each function served and be able to knowledgeably explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Keep station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrol assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures. Check on the guests.
- Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown procedures.
- Return all reusable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
- Assist the Captain and/or Manager/Maitred in set-up and breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Set-up, serve, and/or breakdown coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures.
- Set-up, tend to, and breakdown banquet bars, as assigned, according to standard policies and procedures.
- Greet and serve guests, following guidelines and all other details of our policies and procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
- Follow all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a la carte and beverage orders.
- Know and use Suggestive Selling techniques when possible, e.g. selling a la carte wine, mixed drinks, after dinner cordials, coffees, etc.
- Complete any assigned side work, such as refilling condiments, sorting linens, hanging/storing drapes, cleaning/storing serving equipment, etc.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management, which the associates are capable of performing.
- Use proper lifting procedures.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Please see above