HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Company is a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
Corporate Occupational Health Nurse (Temporary/Contract)
The primary function of the Occupational Health Nurse is to perform nursing duties and provide care to Haemonetics employees, including prevention, recognition, and treatment of illness, injuries, and management of industrial accidents, provide counseling and training of employees in the Braintree and Avon facility as well as have the trainings conducted in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Chicago and Scotland facilities.
Specific work responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for performing nursing services and first aid to employees who become ill or are injured in the Braintree facility
• Responsible for all pre-employment screenings for US and Scotland facilities
• Coordinate and manage all necessary employee screenings including hearing conservation, monitoring employee exposure to hazardous chemicals and necessary yearly exams
• Maintain all OSHA reporting requirements (300 log and 301) and delivering health and safety training as needed in regards to the OSHA laws
• Maintain detailed, confidential health and injury records for all employees in accordance with State and Federal regulations, maintaining employee health records and preparing accident reports.
• Manage and treat work related illnesses, injuries, and intervention and assisting injured employees return to work from a medical leave, and conducting accident investigations.
• Implement and manage First Responder Program and training in all US locations
• Oversee FMLA, STD and LTD cases and assist with return to work of employees, as well as call in new WC claims for PA, SC, Chicago facilities, and MA facilities.
• Closely monitor WC cases, and work with insurance carriers & TPAs to proactively return injured employees safely back to work. Maintain communications between employee, health care providers and employee.
• Manage occupational injuries by job station evaluations and ergonomic recommendations and investigating the causes of common injuries
• Implement and manage modified duty (Return-to-work) program working with managers and supervisors to facilitate employees returning to work
• Responsible for coordination of the archiving, retrieval and destruction of departmental related documents. Responsibilities include logging, tracking and proper labeling of records stored on or off site. Applicable SOP is SOP02.03.
• Assess work environment for potential health and safety problems
• Design, develop, and deliver new initiatives, policies and procedures on health education/promotion and accident/disease prevention
• Conduct a range of assessments and inspections, in conjunction with regulations, such as, personal protective equipment (PPE) and the control of substances hazardous to ones health
• Communicate safety concerns to appropriate managers and problem solving to resolve the concerns
• Keep up to date with all legal and professional changes associated with Occupational Health and Safety
• Use the expertise of organizations and outside vendors to meet legislative requirements
Education and Experience Required
• Must be a Registered Nurse (RN)
• Must possess current Massachusetts Nursing Registration
• Bachelors Degree Required, Graduate degree preferred
• Strong communication skills
• 10 + years experience
• Possess knowledge of Workers Compensation Laws, state regulations, ADA, & FMLA
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Haemonetics Corp. - 10 months ago