Our Urban Development group is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life where people live, work, and play, and is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who create high-quality and sustainable environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. Whether it’s for a new phase, a new neighborhood, a revitalization, or a new city, our professionals manage a variety of projects from initial planning to decommissioning. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. With services that include urban design and codes; visioning; master planning; heritage design; park and recreation design; recreational and resort design; bicycle, pedestrian, and multiuse trails and pathway design; landscape assessment and rehabilitation; infrastructure design; feasibility studies; earthworks analysis; drainage studies; stormwater management studies; and design for site and infrastructure improvements, we provide efficient solutions that are environmentally responsible, functional, and technically sound. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
The Survey Manager position leads office and field work performed by staff in the North Dakota and Western MN region, coordinating closely with staff in Central MN as well as the entire PC. The manager will oversee and take professional responsibility for work on boundary, topographic and ALTA surveys, construction staking and control surveys. The manager will handle proposals and business development efforts by interfacing with internal leaders of other design departments on their project work, as well as focusing externally to seek project opportunities and cultivate positive client relationships. The manager will oversee financial details and performance of all survey projects or tasks, and directly supervise the office and field staff assigned to the survey group.
- Four year degree in Surveying or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, including progressive levels of responsibility in staff supervision and project management. Position requires experience with the use of GPS equipment and adjustment of data, and the use of AutoCAD , Civil 3D and Microstation.
- Must possess current ND PLS license or be able to obtain one within 6 months. Possessing a MN PLS license is a plus.
- A breadth of surveying and mapping experience is required, including boundary and cadastral surveys, land subdivision, control surveys, construction layout, topographic mapping and ALTA surveys.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Proven staff leadership capabilities is desired.
- Effective business development and client relations skills is desired.
- Clean driving record and valid driver's license required.
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...