This position manages, implements and evaluates all levels of nursing care on a unit. In addition, it provides supervision of all nursing staff on the unit. Assesses necessary staffing levels to provide optimal care for patients and participates in Quality Improvement activities, professional growth and development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies patients acuity and personal needs and assigns staff according to competencies.
- Assists with planning, directing and evaluating patient care delivery.
- Coordinates chemotherapy administration and communicates responsibilities to all staff involved in providing medication admintration and patient care for chemotheray patients.
- Participates in treatment team by identifying patient issues and educating staff required treatment and changes in plan of care.
- Directs the activity of all staff on the unit.
- Orients new employees and trains and assigns selective staff as preceptors.
- Completes performance evaluations for all staff on the unit.
- Evaluates patient care outcomes and staff competence daily.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: - Experience in chemotherapy and psychiatric care in a correctional industry is preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed with no restrictions to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- Two (2) years experience as a Nurse Supervisor or Charge Nurse in a critical care or medical area.
- Excellent medical surgical skills with critical care knowledge.
- Proven leadership skills.
- ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) Certification.
- Computer skills required.
The GEO Group, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...