Proserv is a production technology and services company for the energy industry. We have the know-how to maximize recovery, minimize costs and enhance sustainability. Our experts devise ingeniously simple and reliable solutions that deliver every time.
With dynamic brands such as: Gilmore Valve, Argus Subsea, Hydrafit Subsea, Proserv Offshore and Proserv Technol ogy, together, we offer a truly international service for projects of any scale. Quite simply, this alignment enables Proserv to give clients even higher standards of quality, service and reliability.
Design, plan and oversee the development, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment and/or machinery. Conduct research to solve practical engineering problems and improve efficiency. Mentor other Design Engineers and assist project management when essential.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Design new machines, equipment or systems taking into account cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, appearance and impact on the user and on the environment.
- Use computer-aided (CAD) to assist in design and drawing.
- Undertake the design and construction of resource development projects such as offshore platforms wellhead systems, valves, tubular items associated w/Drilling & Productions.
- Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range product engineering planning.
- Confer with personnel and customers to clarify or resolve problems, and develops design.
- Prepare or direct preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if test design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confer with other engineering personnel and prepare design modifications as required.
- Evaluate engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunction.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant and equivalent engineering discipline.
- Eight plus years experience designing subsea engineering equipment such as manifolds, mudlines (subsea well heads), and/or general subsea products.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with API standards.
- 3D design software experience
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to interface with professionals of all levels.
- Subsea Tree design experience.
- SolidWorks, Inventor or Pro-Engineering (Pro/E) software experience.
- Intermediate problem solving and project management skills.
Proserv - 2 years ago
At Proserv, we are firmly committed to the health and safety of our workforce and those affected by our operations. All our business...