Adweek's Global Media Agency of the Year | OMMA's Mobile Agency of the Year | Ad Age's 2013 Top 10 Standout Agencies
Formed in 1990, PHD is a media and communications agency with over 60 offices and 2000 staff globally. PHD is a media business that has been built on a culture of thought leadership, creativity and innovation. At our core is a strong belief that great media ideas matter. In our hearts is a commitment to lead the industry with thought provoking opinion and pioneering thinking.
The PHD network, a division of Omnicom Media Group, was created in the US in 2002 by bringing together best-in-class media specialist companies built on a foundation of strategic, brand-based media services. A top 10 media buyer in the US representing nearly $4 billion in media billings, PHD serves over 60 clients out of five offices with over 400 employees.
The PHD Published Media Team:
The PHD Published Media Team is a full service planning and buying group responsible for all aspects of the published media process including the following:
- Print plan development, including integrated programs across multiple platforms including Tablet extensions
- Accountable for overall negotiation, investment and stewardship of client funds
- Competitive insights and expertise on marketplace intelligence (current news, trending, forecasting)
The Print Strategist manages the implementation, monitoring and stewardship of approved plans. He/she will work with the print supervisor to develop strong strategic print plans that include integrated media partnerships. He/she will work with direct reports to effectively conduct negotiations (rates, added value, positioning, and make-goods) and manage communication with media vendors.
Additionally, the Print Strategist will be responsible for the stewardship of the following:
- Gather data to facilitate the buying process including RFPs, circulation data, rate cards, closing dates, etc.
- Create flowcharts, cost outs, close date charts, rankers, print plan presentations
- Execute space reservations and insertion order management
- Assist Supervisor to develop and present campaign post campaign findings (AdMeasure results, Positioning Reports, etc.)
- Attend internal and external media presentations/meet with vendors to gain an understanding of category and industry trends
- Stay abreast of changes/events in the marketplace including Tablet and Mobile.
- Participate in brand planning sessions and work with supervisor to:
- Understand - provide insights into consumer, brand, product and media
- Design - identify behaviors, barriers, drivers and apertures; develop communication strategies
- Create - create specific tangible executional ideas
- Capitalize - bring activity schedule to life: encompass negotiation strategies and implementation of the buy
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, communications or related field
- 1 year of experience developing print media campaigns, including integrated programs across multiple platforms
- Well versed in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and print media - circulation, distribution, readership
- Knowledge of negotiating techniques
- Knowledge of resource materials
- Effectively utilize Donovan Data System, Admeasure, MRI
- Analytical thinker with excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Creative/visual approach to plan presentations
- Professional presence and is able to work well within a team setting
Omnicom Media Group - 12 months ago
While it might not be omnipotent, Omnicom Group can create advertising that is omnipresent. The company ranks as the world's #1...