Whole Foods Market is seeking individuals interested in joining store leadership. This position will report to the Store Team Leader and provide support, management and supervision of the Customer Service Department. Assist in Team Member hiring, development, and outplacement from the Team. Also responsible for profitability, expense control, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Know all functions of the register system and all Whole Foods Market cash handling procedures and regulations.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Team Leader Duties :
1. Interview, select, train, develop and counsel Team Members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover. Make hiring and termination decisions with guidance of Store Team Leader.
2. Perform all duties and responsibilities of a Cashier Assistant (job description attached).
3. Actively and consistently participate in Global fundraising efforts and overall sales efforts.
4. Establish and maintain a positive work environment that sustains high Team Member morale.
5. Consistently communicate and model Whole Foods Market Goals and Core Values.
6. Communicate and maintain Team Member safety and security standards.
7. Provide timely, thoughtful, and thorough performance evaluations.
8. Select and develop Associate Team Leaders and Supervisors as potential Team Leaders.
9. Order supplies for the Front End.
10. Train Team Members in proper product handling and recognition, equipment operation, and proper register, bagging, and parcel pickup procedures.
11. Analyze store sales, team labor and other reports.
12. Authorize credits, refunds, and other requests associated with Front End operation.
13. Actively participate in mandatory Regional calls and meetings.
14. Properly and accurately record time using time clock at the beginning and end of each shift and for unpaid meal breaks during shift and enforcing time keeping procedures for all Team Members.
15. Responsible for adhering to, observing and enforcing proper dress code, including non-slip shoes during each work shift.
16. Establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationships with Store
Leadership, Coordinators, other Team Leaders, and all Team Members.
17. Model and cultivate inter-departmental and inter-store communications.
18. Provide accurate and complete management reports as requested by store leadership.
19. Complete thorough and timely documentation in support of Team Member counseling and disciplinary activities.
20. Maintain an exceptional level of customer service.
1. With guidance from the Store Team Leaders and from Regional Human Resources,
maintain comprehensive knowledge of and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards, including:
b. Department of Labor c. Health and Sanitation d. FDA
e. Department of Agriculture f. Weights and Measures
g. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
h. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
1. Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills, preferably one or more years of experience in being able to direct and supervise individuals and manage work and priorities.
2. Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profitability and manage inventory.
3. Ability to process information about financial and operational transactions.
4. Should be able to use, or be able to learn to use the necessary tools for the job such as DVO, store ops, IRMA, Microsoft Office Suite and other regionally required business applications.
5. Able to plan and direct complex business operations.
6. Able to solve business-related problems.
7. Must be able to read and prepare reports and business communications.
8. Comprehensive Customer Service product knowledge.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to train and mentor Customer Service Team
10. Ability to maintain professional and appropriate conduct.
1. Must be 18 years or older and work a maximum of 8-10 hours per day.
2. Stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 4 hours without a break.
3. Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
4. Bend and lift loads regularly, not to exceed 30 pounds, and on occasion up to 50 pounds unassisted.
5. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds unassisted.
6. Ability to perform job by repetitive use of right and left hands for simple grasping, power grasping, pushing and pulling and fine manipulation. While exact time may vary for each task, constant use may be anywhere from one hour up to three hours at a time.
7. Must be able to consistently bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat during the course of a work shift.
8. Must be able to lift and carry loads up to 10 pounds regularly and 11-30 pounds intermittently during the course of the work shift. Distance to carry loads may range from 1-
9. Effectively communicate with other Team Members and leadership.
10. Demonstrated proficiency in the proper use of a baler, dumpster, box cutters and all related equipment.
1. Environmental exposure: temperature extremes (outdoors)
2. Work in a moderately noisy environment.
3. Work on a variety of floor surfaces including tile and concrete.
4. May be exposed to cleaning or other commercial chemicals, dust and other food and cooking related substances.
1. Thorough knowledge of and adherence to all relevant Whole Foods Market policies, company mission and standards.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Strong organizational skills.
4. Previous experience as a Team Leader, Assistant Team Leader, Supervisor, or Buyer.
5. Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays.
6. Able to lead and motivate a diverse group of Team Members.
7. Focused and committed to customer service, training, retail excellence, and food safety.
8. Knowledge of, and a desire to learn about, natural and organic foods and products.
1. Meet or exceed budgeted sales, gross profit and expense control goals.
2. Train and maintain a team of knowledgeable, well-trained Team Members.
3. Maintain a superior level of customer service.
4. Develop and implement effective loss prevention controls with minimum shrink.
5. Maintain safe and sanitary conditions throughout the department.
6. Lead a department that promotes open, frequent Team Member communications, maximum involvement, and achievement of growth potential.
7. Support Team Member growth and development by promoting a culture of training to ensure attendance at storewide and regional trainings in addition to departmental training.
8. Ensure that all national and regional policies and procedures specific to the team are being followed and executed properly.
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 10 months ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275 st...