We’re a global Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader serving thousands of the world’s top brands, while remaining a fun and fast-paced company that encourages passion and creativity on a daily basis. As we’ve grown, with offices from Sao Paulo, Brazil to San Francisco, Munich, Germany to Sydney, Australia, we’ve retained our small-company atmosphere where employees are encouraged to share ideas and make them realities. By partnering state-of-the-art technology and dedicated leadership with the best and brightest employees in the industry, ExactTarget fosters a culture of constant innovation and growth. Consistently ranked by employees as one of the “Best Places to Work,” we encourage you to find out what being “ORANGE” is all about!
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Tax Staff Accountant is a position responsible for assisting with the day-to-day tax compliance and other special tax projects as needed. This is a part-time position at ExactTarget’s corporate headquarters in downtown Indianapolis.
A successful Tax Staff Accountant at ExactTarget is flexible, interested in learning from others, and able to multi-task a variety of high priority tasks while adhering to tight deadlines. A successful candidate will view each assignment as a learning opportunity and approach the task with the intent to absorb knowledge and information. The Tax Staff Accountant will work under the direction of the Manager, Tax.
This position is based at ExactTarget headquarters in the historic Guaranty Building on downtown Indianapolis, Indiana’s bustling Monument Circle.)
The Tax Staff Accountant will work closely with the Indianapolis-based accounting and finance team. The primary focus of this position will be to ensure that tax returns are prepared and filed accurately and timely. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to;
• Analysis and filing of monthly, quarterly and yearly sales tax returns
• Reconciling assigned tax balance sheet accounts;
• Assisting with compiling information for the Federal tax returns
• Preparation of state income tax estimates and extensions
• Assisting with the preparation of state income tax returns;
• Assisting with preparation of property tax returns
• Performing other tax projects as assigned.
• Assisting in the recording, documenting and supporting tax journal entries;
• Bachelors degree in accounting;
• Keen attention to detail;
• Basic knowledge of the income tax rules, forms, and concepts;
• Minimum 2 years experience in tax;
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel;
• Ability to self-motivate, adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to communicate effectively (no specific language requirements);
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Must be a self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Sales tax knowledge desirable;
• CPA desirable;
• Fixed asset systems experience a plus.
ExactTarget.com - 17 months ago