Title: GIS Analyst/Database Replication Manager
Report To: Team Leader
Position is located at Langley AFB, VA supporting US Air Force Headquarters Air Combat Command.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the
· Assist in the promotion of the Air Force’s Installation Geospatial Information & Services (IGI&S) program and educate organizations as to the value, structure and status of the installation IGI&S program.
· Assist in the promotion of the Air Force’s IGI&S system and educate organizations as to the value, structure, and status of the installation IGI&S system.
· Assist in the implementation of GIS technologies to build, administer, and offer support in the creation and maintenance of the data it contains including the Common Installation Picture and Mission Data Set per Air Force and Air Combat Command Geospatial Information Office guidance.
· Facilitate, maintain and evaluate procedures and planning programs after initial program installation to update data or suggest other geospatial approaches. Define and document business processes to sustain the Air Force’s Installation Geospatial Information & Services capability.
· Train Air Force staff in data and system maintenance and the sustainment of datasets critical to the operation of the Installation Geospatial Information & Services system.
· Assist data collection, editing and workflow efforts related to Autodesk (AutoCAD Map 3D V2010 or newer) integration with ESRI ArcGIS Server (ArcSDE).
· Provide ESRI ArcSDE replication management and oversight between installations, Numered Air Forces and HQ ACC to include disconnected replication to disconnected networks.
· Provide ESRI ArcSDE support to GIS Operations Analysts at HQ and the Installations
· Maintain working relationships with unit geospatial organizations in the field
· Identify and document developing and potential Best practices and operating procedures in regards to ArcSDE technology, workflows, and integration
· Provide QA/QC of all replicas from the ArcSDE databases
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position :
· BS or BA Degree in Geography, Cartography, Computer Science/IT or related field with an emphasis in GIS and/or Remote Sensing or demonstrated equivalent experience.
· Three years experience in GIS integration using ESRI software to include ArcGIS Desktop Software.
· Two years experience in managing GIS projects.
· One year experience with CAD/GIS conversion. Knowledge of CAD technologies is required.
· One year of demonstrated experience in developing and implementing ESRI Enterprise Geodatabases.
· Demonstrated proficiency with ArcSDE 10.x or ArcGIS Server/ArcIMS 10.x or higher.
· One year of demonstrated experience working with an ESRI multi-user geodatabase
· Knowledge of relevant standards, such as FGDC and Spatial Data Standard for Facilities, Infrastructure and Environment (SDSFIE).
· Experience in technical writing and/or documentation.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. Possess experience briefing broad audiences, to include senior officials and civilians.
General Information :
· The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of the position.
· The applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
· The applicant must be self motivated, take responsibility for projects and must conduct themselves in a mature, professional manner.
· The applicant must be customer service oriented and able to work in a collaborative environment
· Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
· ESRI ArcGIS PLTS Data Reviewer
· Spatial and 3D analysis
· Script development
· Model building
· Process automation
· Advanced cartography
· Spatial network creation
· Raster data processing and analysis
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 12 months ago
AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's leading...