This position assists the Store Manager with daily store activities and oversees the store operation in the absence of the Store Manager. The Store Assistant Manager provides top quality service and assistance to customers; coaches store employees and works with the Store Manager to maintain a safe, cost-effective and profitable store.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (partial list)
Customer Satisfaction: Provides and coaches store employees to provide excellent customer service in a courteous, friendly and attentive manner to ensure the customer has a pleasant shopping experience.
Store Conditions: Maintains an awareness of overall store and property conditions; notifies the Store Manager of any equipment failure or maintenance/supply needs; and performs or directs store employees to perform a variety of general housekeeping duties including:
- Gives assistance and offers suggestions or recommendations to the customer.
- Resolves or assists to resolve routine customer concerns within established guidelines.
Merchandising: Monitors and ensures that store product areas (including gasoline, merchandise and food service) are stocked, rotated and displayed to ensure freshness, appeal and easy customer access.
- Cleans windows, counters, displays, food service areas and bathrooms.
- Picks up and disposes of trash, litter or debris in store, parking lot and/or surrounding grounds.
- Cleans and checks equipment including coffee machines, refrigeration units, gas pumps, telephones and other machines, tools and work aids used.
Sales Controls: Ensures all shift sales are completed in accordance with government regulations and Company policies and procedures by performing and coaching store employees to perform:
- Trains and coaches store employees to use suggestive selling and other techniques to maximize sales.
- Makes price changes on merchandise; places advertising and pricing signage inside or outside the facility including marquees, ceilings, walls, windows and pump toppers.
- Monitors gasoline competition and reports findings to Store Manager.
Staffing Controls: Oversees the activities of store employees as directed by the Store Manager.
- Verifications of customer eligibility to purchase age-restricted products. Age-restricted products include alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, lottery tickets, fireworks and adult magazines.
- Keeps accurate cash, sales, food cost, payroll and inventory control records and accounts for variances.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Helps coach and train new employees to carry out their duties in accordance with Company operating, conduct and performance standards.
- Assists with scheduling and assigning duties to store employees.
- Assists with counseling of employees; provides feedback to help employees improve performance and gives input on performance reviews.
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements):
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 6 months to 1 year of retail store or food service work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Associate’s Degree or better is preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment at Kangaroo Express. Our application process may take up to 30 minutes to complete. We hope you’ll join us!
- Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision , Employee Assistance Plan
- Financial – 401 (k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time off – Vacation
Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern...