Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
6 Tower Medical Surgical Unit is an acute care unit that provides medical surgical care for the adult and geriatric patient. The Emergency Department, PACU, Physicians' Offices, Critical Care Units and Patient Registration are all entry points for patients admitted.
Primary Services for patients admitted to 6 Tower includes but are not limited to the following diagnosis:
- Orthopedic injuries and/or surgeries
- Neurologic diagnoses and/or surgeries
- Spine surgeries
- Subdural hematoma
- Brain lesions
- Medical/Surgical Telemetry
- Plastic Surgery Overflow
- Medical Overflow
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Performs in specific roles such as resource nurse and admission/discharge nurse as assigned.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification
HCA Inc - 17 months ago