Lifestyle Advisor plans, organizes and directs the sales and leasing activities for the community. This position cultivates prospects and referral sources, coordinates the move-in of new members and plans marketing events for prospective members. The Lifestyle Advisor coordinates all closing activities with the member(s) or member families and assures the completion of all closing forms under the supervision of the Executive Director.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Represents the community in a positive manner while creating an environment that fosters respect and courtesy for members and employees alike. Works within the community programs to promote safety and the well-being of all members and employees.
2. Upholds the community’s Mission Statement.
3. Maintains HIPAA standards and regards all medical or healthcare information pertaining to members and employees as confidential.
4. Follows-up on leads, cultivates relationships with prospects and referral sources and conducts tours of the community. Tailors the presentation of community benefits to the prospective member’s needs.
5. Captures prospect information and enters details into the contact database.
6. Supports the community’s sales efforts by utilizing the promotional materials and media advertising to advance the community name.
7. Develops a thorough working knowledge of all community promotional materials and all legal and financial agreements between the community and its members. 8. Follows the application and contractual protocol for admitting new members.
9. Coordinates interviews with the Executive Director, staff or medical personnel as necessary.
10. Develops relationships with local professional and civic organizations which include but are not limited to Chamber of Commerce, women’s clubs, men’s clubs, local Rotaries, etc.
11. Works in tandem with the Social Director to plan events for current and prospective members. Plans and coordinates separate marketing events for prospective members on a monthly basis.
12. Ensures that the Model Home, Model Villa, Sales Office and all common areas are clean and ready for tours at all times. The Community should appear everyday as if it were "Grand Opening Day."
13. Prepares sales packets and places sales information in high traffic areas throughout the community.
14. Trains fellow staff through in-services on how to greet prospective members, handle tours and distribute marketing information.
15. Communicates with the community contractor, the Executive Director and the Vice President of Construction on the construction of new homes. Communicates changes and updates with the prospective buyer or new member.
16. Develops referral relationships with key sources which include but are not limited to elder care attorneys, local physicians, financial planners, trust officers, clergy, and realtors.
17. Assists with the development of the marketing plan, marketing strategies, timelines, and budget preparation for the marketing department and assures an occupancy level consistent with budget preparations.
18. Completes reports for the Executive Director and the management company in a timely manner.
19. Inspects resale homes at time of turnover and identifies items for repair. Communicates items or other needs to the Executive Director in a timely manner.
20. Evaluates competition on a regular basis. Makes adjustments as needed to accommodate different strategies and approaches to ensure relevancy and importance in the marketplace. Prepares explanations of our advantages versus the competition.
21. Assists prospective members with the selection of options and follows proper protocol for option information and obtaining signatures related to the option documentation.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Occasional travel may be required for training sessions, continuing education opportunities, emergency situations, and other company functions.
2. Responsible for knowledge of fire and safety procedures including those involving blood-borne pathogens.
3. Remains in proper business attire at all times and maintains a high standard of appearance.
4. Participates in professional improvement workshops, seminars and meetings which allow continued education on current affairs in the retirement industry and marketing.
5. Follows all sales procedures and options policy as outlined in company sales material.
6. Remains active in local community functions and/or organizations.
7. Maintains excellent member and team member relations. Handles complaints and recommendations constructively.
8. Attends department head meetings. Attends other staff or member meetings as needed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
10. Occasionally, you will be required to operate a vehicle of either your own or company-owned for designated company purposes or facilitate resident/member needs and/or requests.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Four-year college or university degree desired.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Two or more years of marketing and sales experiences required.
- Two or more years experience in a similar sales position (residential leasing environment) desired.
- Two or more years experience working with seniors desired.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) plus the willingness to learn other computer programs if required.
- Proficient computer skills with the Vigilan database software desired.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to work with numbers with a high degree of proficiency.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner, with a high level of confidentiality and perform under various time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile insurance carrier.
- Work indoors for the majority of the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC system, carpeted and linoleum flooring, normal office noise levels).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs occasionally.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 40 pounds or less.
- Stand or walk for extended periods.
- Respond to medical emergencies on a rare occasion.
- Assist with member evacuations, if ever required.
I have read the above and understand that it is intended to describe the basic content of and requirements for accomplishing this job. It is not an exhaustive account of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I understand that this description does not preclude my supervisor’s authority to enhance, subtract or change duties or responsibilities, and understand that the enhancement or change in obligations and performance will be required in order to meet the community’s needs. I have been given a copy of this Job Description.
Employee’s Signature: _________________________________
Employee’s Printed Name: ______________________________