If you are Linux software engineer who is passionate about the kernel, hypervisors, virtualization, scalability, performance, and cloud computing, then this is the job for you.
The Linux Kernel and Operating Systems Platform team provides the hypervisor and Linux innovation in the Amazon E-Commerce and Amazon Web Services platforms. We are responsible for developing, building, testing, and deploying the hypervisor, kernel, and Linux images. We’re a small aggressive team that makes things happen.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Linux Kernel Software Development Engineer to join our expanding team. Our kernel engineers develop and support the Linux and virtualization enhancements that are critical for our demanding environment, pushing Linux to the limits. They work on our hardest problems, diagnosing core problems, and building innovative high quality solutions that are secure, scalable, and reliable.
We are changing the way that people use computers and the Linux team is at the core of pushing the future of our technology platform--come help us make history!
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 years of industry experience focused on Linux with at least 4 years of experience with the Linux kernel and/or Xen.
- Expert C programmer
- Proficiency in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Scripting proficiency with shell and either Perl or Python.
- BS in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of industry experience focused on Linux with extensive kernel and/or Xen experience.
- A solid understanding of Linux networking.
- Experience working with the open source community.
Proficient with Python, capable with Perl, and familiar with C++ and Java.
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...