As a Project Manager/Associate Director/Director in the Life Division’s Product Development group, you will be responsible for certain lines of business. The project manager is responsible for taking the project from the idea and concept phase, to full implementation. Specifically, you will:
Planning and Communications:
- Manage the implementation of product initiatives, including new products and enhancements or revisions to existing products for all product lines and distribution channels.
- Lead cross-functional, cross-company, cross-location project teams in support of company strategic initiatives and goals.
- Manage the identification and resolution of key issues impacting the project and/or product implementation efforts. Be positioned to facilitate the decision making process among relevant parties, recommend solutions, and make decisions as appropriate.
- Manage the participation of project team members to deliver the desired project deliverable by a pre-established target date.
- Establish practices and procedures to support a streamlined and effective project management process with a particular focus on the product development process.
- Provide periodic updates on the status of project including project plans, meeting minutes, issue log, resource matrix, and change control documents.
- Measure, document and analyze the actual development time and cost of each project against original estimates. Implement improvements that reduce total development time and cost.
- Update the Product Development on-line database and support its use as the primary information source on project initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor degree and a minimum of 5+ years experience as a project manager in financial services.
- Achieved or be working towards certification in project management (PMP).
- Strong background in planning and executing test cases, data validation and insuring on-time deliverables.
- Advanced knowledge of project management and management consulting methodologies and approaches.
- Solid knowledge of business principles, strategy, systems technology, processes, and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication, presentation skills, and business writing skills.
- An MBA or relevant experience in financial services, operations, or systems design/integration a plus, but not required.
- FLMI or other industry related accreditation is an asset.
Service. Commitment. People. Products. These are the reasons people choose to do business with American General Life Companies. And the reasons why we are the right choice for your career. At American General Life Companies, we have been keeping promises to American families and businesses for more than 150 years. Our insurers offer a broad spectrum of fixed and variable life insurance, annuities and accident and health products to serve the financial and estate planning needs of customers throughout the United States. American General Life Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
American International Group
- 5 years ago - save job