Sr. Energy Project Manager (Job Number: 321701)
Sr. Energy Project Manager
Reports to: Director of Strategy and Innovation
Job Description: SAIC is seeking a Senior Energy Project Manager to provide high level technical and management skills focused on creating, executing and troubleshooting programs for the State of Hawaii Energy Efficiency and Conservation Program, “Hawaii Energy.” This key position will manage the process by which the Program creates and implements new innovations and upgrades to its operational incentive offerings in the business and residential sectors. It will provide the critical planning, start-up and debugging components of the Program’s core offerings, ultimately having a direct impact on Hawaii’s ability to achieve its clean energy goals. The desired candidate will demonstrate technical capability, credible field experience, passion, curiosity and a drive to improve the efficiency of mechanical, lighting and other electrical systems, along with the ability to communicate and make a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work processes. This position will report to and directly support the Director of Strategy and Innovation.
Education and Outreach
- Develop and deliver energy presentations and participate in community events.
- Develop relationships with Design, supplier and Construction communities to identify and address their needs from the program.
- Educate building owners, technical and non-technical staff as to energy conservation and efficiency opportunities, along with the options, costs and benefits.
- Write technical summaries and briefs for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop energy savings calculations for the Program’s Technical Resource Manual.
- Analyze billing and utility data (post project reviews, rates, weatherization, and anomaly).
- Develop energy, life-cycle and maintenance project cost savings.
- Develop and review measurement and verification plans, perform M&V activities and analyze data to determine savings and costs of projects.
- Perform review of energy efficiency calculations and energy models.
- Qualify potential Customized Incentive applications for proposed project.
- Deploy and retrieve data logging equipment in the field.
- Perform pre and post inspection site visits. Review plans and project documents to perform quality control of surveys and installations.
- Perform site visits to conduct building energy audits to identify major energy consumption areas and optimize building operation, lighting, controls and HVAC equipment operation.
- Resolve complex control system, sequence of operations, maintenance and other technical issues.
- Manage and coordinate the collaborative efforts of all personnel and other resources (internal and external) necessary to successfully accomplish the strategic planning and implementation of Program initiatives and offerings.
- Manage internal staff and subcontractors for commercial projects and building owners.
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or equivalent field experience.
- 6+ years of experience in energy management, mechanical systems design, construction, and/or maintenance or related field in addition to managing budget and personnel.
PE, and or CEM and LEED certification desired MBA helpful.
- Strong quantitative and analytic capabilities including technical report writing and advanced spreadsheet analysis.
- Project financing and cost analysis.
- Energy auditing and field metering experience.
- Familiarity with the design, development and implementation of energy efficiency programs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Energy project development, construction, tuning, and maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be observant, detailed oriented, and work independently as well as within cross functional team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building automation systems, water heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, and lighting systems.
- Experience developing and reviewing M&V plans and performing M&V activities.
- Experience performing investment grade audits.
- Experience with building energy use models.
- Experience with subcontracting and managing subcontractors and/or consultants.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with team members, allies, contractors and customers
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 15, 2013, 9:58:57 AM
Primary Location: United States-HI-HONOLULU
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 17 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...