Posting for Government Banking Lender, Merchants Bank:|
A. GENERAL SUMMARY: Primarily and directly responsible for business development (marketing into portfolio, target marketing - new business, officer call program, centers of influence); credit analysis (preliminary and final ); portfolio administration (renewals, credit ratings, delinquencies, site visits, monitoring of credit/annual reviews); advisory capacity to branches (regional market development); public relations ; training of sales support group (customer service, document and credit file administration, loan closings, problem solving).
B. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND OBJECTIVES:
1. Actively manage portfolio of government loan relationships. Aim toward business retention and cross-selling of existing customers (share of business and personal wallet). Make officer calls on existing relationships.
2. Actively develop new relationships in assigned market area (Vermont and surrounding communities.) Target government and centers of influence for pro-active messages and sales follow through. Provide government sales leadership, assistance and advice to area Community Banking Managers in order to promote a government sales environment within the area branches.
3. Collect and review Government financial information necessary for analysis of existing and prospective loan customers. Conduct preliminary credit analysis before submitting to Credit Administration for drafting of Loan Approval Report (LAR) or write LAR. Review and approve LAR’s when finalized.
4. Conduct and oversee ongoing portfolio administration, the timely processing of renewals (including collecting and reviewing financials), monitoring and maintaining accuracy of credit ratings, documentation exceptions, delinquencies, covenant compliance, site visits and performing annual reviews.
5. Provide training, support, and oversight to Government Banking Administrators in the areas of customer service, loan and credit file administration, loan closings (preparation, meeting management, and follow-up), documentation exceptions and cross-selling.
6. Know and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements. Monitor market trends and master evolving risk evaluation models.
7. Cross train in all duties and functions within the department.
8. Perform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Professional credentials include: four year bachelors degree; minimum three years demonstrated achievement in one of – Government financial management, Government general management, Government marketing management, commercial banking credit origination/administration, commercial banking branch/regional management; financial certifications combined with track record of production/growth in financial services sales considered as alternative experience.
2. Selling experience and demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple government relationships. Willingness to actively engage customers and new business prospects in pursuit of portfolio growth. Solid customer service ethic leading to business retention and growth of existing relationships.
3. Government lending skills a requirement for long-term effectiveness in position. Bank provides training in fundamentals, with strong support of credit skills development by Credit Department. Individual responsible for development and strength of a profitable, risk contained, and sound lending practice in market area.
4. Ability to comprehend and practice sound banking procedures and operations in a regulated environment. Effectiveness in blending an assertive sales culture with financial safety and soundness in accordance with MB loan policy and general policy guidelines. Cross-train in all aspects of government sales, including products and services.
5. Aptitude and demonstrated proficiency in use of computer technology. Willingness to personally master use of electronic products and services bank offers in the marketplace.
6. Strong interpersonal skills, to be used in communicating with a broad range of constituents. Demonstrated leadership background or potential.
7. Analytical and written skills to produce clear, concise business analysis, planning, correspondence, reporting, and problem solving.
Merchants Bank VT
- 2 years ago - save job