Neurologist 322605 (NCI) (Job Number: 322605)
The Clinical Monitoring Research Program (CMRP) is responsible for providing quality neurological clinical research services in support to the Neurocognitive Disorders in HIV/AIDS initiative as part of the D.C. Partnership for HIV/AIDS Progress.
This is a part-time position where the candidate will work two days per week (Tuesday, Thursday); these days may be flexible. The Neurologist provides a comprehensive evaluation of patients according to the quality assurance guidelines of the Department of Neurology to include the diagnoses, management and treatment of a full range of neurologic concerns and other conditions that affect mood, memory, behavior and cognition. Provides support to the DC HIV/AIDS Neurocognitive studies evaluating neurocognition in patients with HIV and AIDS. Duties may include protocol development, informed consent and enrollment of human subjects in research protocols. Analysis and publication of research results. Responsible for completing the history of the present illness and reviewing past histories and social work evaluations of patients. Interviews patients to obtain insight into their problems, diagnoses, prescribes specific medication(s)/establishes treatment plans for patients, prepares consultation reports with individual patient recommendations, completes the necessary data forms for transmission and maintains records on the neurological tests required for patients. Provides individual pharmacologic therapeutic interventions as necessary. Participates in the presentation of program data at scientific meetings or for publication in scientific journals. Oversees nursing personnel and other staff in patient care and treatment, and enrollment and follow-up in clinical research protocols.
- Possession of a Doctoral degree (M.D.) from an accredited college or university appropriate to biomedical research. Current professional license in Medicine in a state, territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. May be required to obtain State of Maryland and/or District of Columbia license once offer is accepted (reimbursable). Must be BE/BC (board eligible/board certified) in Neurology. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of seven (7) years of post-graduate experience, including at least two (2) years at a Senior Scientist level.
- Must have experience in clinical research, medical affairs, academic medicine, and/or medical practice.
- Proficiency in diagnosis, management and treatment of neurological diseases especially those associated with HIV and AIDS.
- Proficiency in performance and evaluation of neurocognitive testing especially in patients with HIV and AIDS.
- Possesses knowledge of equipment, terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients and family members.
- Must have documentation of current Drug Enforcement Agency number.
- Must be able to respond to cardiopulmonary arrests and to arrange appropriate backup, as needed.
- Must have and maintain a current Basic Life Support certificate.
- Possesses strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to write and process reports quickly.
- Must possess reasonable computer skills to facilitate functioning within multiple automate medical information systems.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats aliments and diseases according to policy and acceptable practices.
- This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- Knowledge of International Conference on Harmonization/Good Clinical Practices (ICH/GCP) and other regulations.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience is preferred.
For more information about the Clinical Monitoring Research Program please visit http://cmrp.ncifcrf.gov/CMRP/Default.aspx
SAIC-Frederick Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC, is accelerating the development of new technologies and treatments for patients with cancer and AIDS. SAIC-Frederick is the operations and technical support contractor for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, a federal national laboratory.*cb*
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 22, 2013, 9:01:54 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-BETHESDA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...