We are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst with the ability to see and link the pieces of the big picture together across all functions to make our business grow and flourish.
This is a key role supporting our rapidly growing and dynamic Riverbed Performance Management ( RPM ) business unit. The RPM business unit is based on the East Coast, with major offices in Cambridge, MA and Bethesda, MD.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a trusted finance partner for RPM Engineering management including budgeting, forecasting and management reporting
- Provide financial analysis, business modeling and decision support to senior executives and operating managers that enables performance monitoring and business management
- Work with business partners to identify appropriate metrics to track and evaluate business performance. Collaborate with RPM Finance and Corporate FP&A analysts on presentations
- Perform actual vs. budget variance analysis and identify any risks or opportunities associated with reported financial data, provide monthly expense, capital and headcount forecast to FP&A
- Evaluate and design processes to create a more efficient financial planning organization
- Ad hoc projects and analysis
Requirements for this position may vary based on division and/or projects involved. Educational qualifications are based on the position level at the time of recruitment.
- Bachelor degree Finance, Accounting, or related field, MBA highly preferred
- 4-6 years of FP&A experience
- Strong proficiency with Excel (advanced functions), Hyperion Essbase, Oracle Financials, OBI
- Experience desired with Engineering or other product development organizations
- Deep understanding of GAAP (including accruals, account reconciliations and capitalization)
- Must have great problem solving skills, be a self-starter, understand business issues and be able to clearly and concisely put together recommendations and implementation plans
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to meet firm deadlines a must
- Must be motivated to have an impact on our products, our company, and the state of the art.