Legal counsel to Crude Oil Marketing, Gas Sales and Gas Marketing Representatives, Contract Administration and Contract Compliance Staff and Gas Control and Volume Control Staff. Draft and review agreements for gathering, transportation and sale of crude oil, gas and gas liquids. Draft and review agreements for gas processing, treating and compresssion. Draft and review confidentiality agreements, joint venture agreements, facilities joint ownership and operation agreements and technology licensing and use agreements. Legal research and counsel to clients on laws, rules, regulations and court decisions affecting department business activities. Represent department in any alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Provide support to Litigation Department as needed in cases involving Chesapeake Energy Marketing, Inc. and Chesapeake Midstream Development, L.L.C.
- General familiarity with oil and gas industry operations.
- Experience with drafting real property documents related to oil and gas operations.
- Analytical thinking ability. Negotiation skills and experience.
- Able to provide legal counsel to co-workers with a wide range of industry experience from brand new to seasoned veteran.
- Ability to work more independently as knowledge and experience in marketing increase.
- Able to perform legal research.
- Doctoral degree (Juris Doctor) is required.
- More than one year of working experience in the legal field is required.
- Supervisory / management experience is required.
Chesapeake Energy - 2 years ago
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) is the second-largest producer of natural gas and the 11th largest producer of oil and natural gas...