About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Join the Global Energy Management Team
Private homes make up over one third of our nation's energy use and represent a key component in the next generation energy system evolution, known as the Smart Grid. As a leader in energy management, Schneider Electric is developing solutions to promote a sustainable future and to allow our customers to better manage their energy use.
Our team is working to develop new ideas in energy information and control. We are a startup-like group creating solutions to meet the needs of homeowners and utilities and are actively engaged in bringing these solutions to market. As a result, new openings have emerged in our growing Efficient Home organization.
Our residential energy management team is looking for the following talented individual:
Test and Validation Engineer
The primary responsibility of this position will be for testing / validation of wireless (ZigBee) home area networking (HAN) devices, software, and systems for the North American Efficient Home solution. This will include creating, documenting, executing, and automating test plans.
A secondary responsibility will be in the area of system integration. This includes assisting with the development of data management and system interconnection products and insuring that the designs are completed as specified and that the system is interoperable with industry standard smart metering (AMI) equipment.
Key Primary Functions:
1. Create and thoroughly document tests and test plans to ensure coverage of product and system requirements
2. Create automated test programs and tools
3. Perform functional and regression testing on each new firmware or software build
4. Create test schedules and track/report progress
5. Document all test procedures and results for later evaluation
6. Maintain engineering defect database and knowledge base
Key Secondary Functions:
1. Participate in, and possibly lead, integrations with 3rd party devices and/or software.
2. Troubleshoot multi-device and multi-layer systems.
3. Interact with other functions to develop solutions.
4. Maintain working knowledge of emerging Smart Grid protocols, programming languages, concepts, and technologies.
Minimum Education / Experience:
1. Education Required: Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree or equivalent experience
2. Experience Required: Minimum 2-3 years of practical experience in test and validation & system integration, or related coursework.
3. Wireless network experience required. ZigBee preferred.
4. Experience working with microcontrollers and a solid understanding of hardware and firmware properties related to embedded devices.
5. Demonstrated leadership and free-thinking abilities.
If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical...